Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ubog View Post
    Hello, I havex45withoutsparks...
    Reply has been moved to this new thread.

+1

Please Help me Mr K447

I am not smart enough to figure out how to use this web sight or even how to read the replies. I need help with a no spark. I have a 2001 Polaris SLH 700 2 cylinder carb. Mdl. I have a single Red Stop button and a Green start button. It also has a Tilt-Trim rocker switch. I have measured the coil @ primary= 0.40 ohms, and secondary (with wires attached) @ 8.360 K ohms. The CDI (4010404) Brown wire has 9.27v DC when cranking. The spark plugs removed and cranking, the battery voltage is 11.89v. The exciter coil (purple wire at connector and in the electrical box) is producing 12.3v AC. The LR unit is (4060192 New# 4010302) LR-31-2. I also have what appears to be a Diode in the electrical sys. that go's form - ground to the Yellow term. I would like to bypass the LR unit for testing. The directions in this blog. say to remove the three wires form the LR and move the non LR White/black wire from its terminal and plug it on the black clip. The only black/white wires (2) I have are from the CDI unit to the Primary leads on the coil. The ski ran perfect last year and now NO SPARK. Please help Mr. K447

Can you tell me how to test if I have a problem with my stator on a 2002 TXI

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Max138 View Post
    Can you tell me how to test if I have a problem with my stator on a 2002 TXI
    Click on my signature link, then find the Ficht section. Stator testing is linked from there.

5. +1 by:

What is Mag Hall and hall?

Hello so I have replaced all electronics in my 2000 polaris virage tx and it worked and that fixed the no spark issue i had. but i only got like 2hrs or 40 miles before one of the new parts had failed and have no spark. i have now replaced the least cost lr and spark plug module again hoping it was one of those. it didn't work. the cdi when trying to start only puts out 6v on the brown wire. so i think i need to replace it. but before i spend that kind of money what could cause it to go out so fast? so i can avoid messing up the next one. things that may or may not be part of that problem is the impeller that was on there was for a two piston virage 700 mine is 3 piston and i have already replaced that with the right one after the fact. but could that cause it to go out so fast? and as for timing i tried to see if timing was right but i'm not sure if i did it right and the strobe on my time light broke before i had a chance to really play with it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobk View Post
    Hello so I have replaced all electronics in my 2000 polaris virage tx and it worked and that fixed the no spark issue i had. but i only got like 2hrs or 40 miles before one of the new parts had failed and have no spark. i have now replaced the least cost lr and spark plug module again hoping it was one of those. it didn't work.

the cdi when trying to start only puts out 6v on the brown wire. so i think i need to replace it. but before i spend that kind of money what could cause it to go out so fast? so i can avoid messing up the next one.

things that may or may not be part of that problem is the impeller that was on there was for a two piston virage 700 mine is 3 piston and i have already replaced that with the right one after the fact. but could that cause it to go out so fast?

and as for timing i tried to see if timing was right but i'm not sure if i did it right and the strobe on my time light broke before i had a chance to really play with it.
    Welcome.

What source did you buy the new CDI from?

Is the CDI a genuine PVL until or aftermarket?

When it was running did you check the battery voltage from the charging system? Wondering if the LR module caused an over volt condition.

You can use a 9 volt battery to temporarily power the stator. Disconnect the Brown stator wire from the CDI, connect the stator Brown wire to 9V battery + pad. Connect negative pad on 9V battery to black. See if you now have spark.

Yes geniue pvl made in germany. The part number is 4010885 with 885 marked out and 543 written on it. Not sure could be the wrong one? all colors matched up on the wires. I will try the 9v test when i get home After work.
    When it was running it did increase voltage on the dash but not sure specifically of a battery test?
    If the the 9v test fails what is that a sign of?
    A note of something strange on the last day it ran and died on the water when trying to restart it after it died the dash would go a little crazy doing the the restart sequence going in and out when pressing the start button. It seems normal now when trying to start. Probably a sign on some electronic part dying.
    Thanks for all advice i need all i can get.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobk View Post
    A note of something strange on the last day it ran and died on the water when trying to restart it after it died the dash would go a little crazy doing the the restart sequence going in and out when pressing the start button.

It seems normal now when trying to start. Probably a sign on some electronic part dying.
    It is a sign. That something very basic is wrong with the battery electrical system.

Look for problems at each end of every battery cable. Especially engine ground.

But also where the electrical box thin red wire feed comes from the solenoid stud.

And ohm check the circuit breaker (which can corroded internally if cracked).

Reminder: Battery disconnected before doing any ohm checks inside the electrical box.

So no spark with the 9v test and thats the positive of the 9v going to the brown wire to the stator. Not the brown wire going to the cdi. To make sure i got that right.
    Whats next all the ohm testing?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information