Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    +1
    I am looking to do this now too and never took the PTO cover off. WHat is involved with removing the PTO cover? Then what is required to installing the new oiler system? I read between the lines, but doesnt give me enough info not seeing it before.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Since I did this update to my ski this weekend... I thought I would post some pictures, and give anyone interested in doing this a few ideas of whats involved.

First thing you need to do is suck out all your oil, and drain the cooling system. Once this is done, you need to remove the following: jet pump, drive shaft, super charger, and the water pump. At this point you should be looking like this...

Other than the 8 water pump bolts, their are 21 bolts holding the pto cover on. Once you remove all 21, you will also need to remove the 3 lower E10 motor mount braket bolts, and loosen the top one on the left mount, along with the 13mm bolt that goes into the mount itself. This bracket has to move slightly for the cover to come off. If you can hoist the motor up just slightly in the rear, it helps a lot! It also makes it much easier to get to the bottom 3 bolts on the cover. Once the cover pops loose... prepare for your hull to be covered in oil

You should now be looking at this...

At this point you need to remove the stock oil sprayer, I was able to grab it with vice grips and twist it a few times... it came right out! Here's a picture of the removed sprayer, and the new components

Using a 10Mx1.50 tap, tap out the hole where the sprayer was located

Once that hole is tapped, you can mount the jet with the banjo bolt to locate the position of the support bracket bolt. Center punch this location, then remove the jet to drill and tap this location. This requires a 13/64 drill bit, and a 6Mx1.00 tap.

When that hole is done, you can mount the jet and tighten both bolts. The banjo bolt torque is 20nm, the support bracket bolt is 10nm. I used a little red loc-tite on both bolts.

Here's the important part... do not just throw the cover back on!!! The jet needs to be aligned properly with the super charger shaft. Install the charger, and check out the alignment. Mine looked like this...

Very slight bending of the tube and support bracket will make it line up perfectly.

At this point... its time to do everything in the reverse order of taking it apart Clean up the gasket surfaces, and install a new pto gasket. Another important note!!! There are washers on the end of the starter bendix... some may have stayed there, and some may have come out with the cover. Make sure these go back on in proper sequence!!!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Nice job on the instructions and photos !

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    my question...why does the new spayer shoots directly into the s/cer shaft? I would think it should shoot into the washers? it shooting straight onto the shaft like that i think the oil will just splatter at a 90 degree all around missing the washers.

why is the old sprayer removed for? cant you just drill 2 new holes on it at a angle to spray directly onto the washers and the shaft?

i'm just curious. I will end up buying a 4tec sometime later in time

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Nice job on the instructions and photos !
    +1
    Very nice detail!! Great job!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    my question...why does the new spayer shoots directly into the s/cer shaft? I would think it should shoot into the washers? it shooting straight onto the shaft like that i think the oil will just splatter at a 90 degree all around missing the washers.

why is the old sprayer removed for? cant you just drill 2 new holes on it at a angle to spray directly onto the washers and the shaft?

The SC shaft is hollow, so the oils shoots into the washers... then is slings outward through the washers. What you have to remember is... the charger spins at 40,000+ rpm. What does it do to just shoot oil on the outside of them... it just slings right off, and never really gets between the washers. With the jet... there is absolutely no reason to keep the sprayer!

Thumbs up 08 supercharger oiling system tetrofit

Very good info guys,very good pics and keep up the good job always.

Thanks, Banchy from San Juan,Puerto Rico.

GPR1500 supercharger in construction.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post

It is set this way to provide more oil to the bearing in particular the front bearing in the SCer. As said before centrifugal forces will force oil outwards of the lube hole that is under the needle bearings that are under the gear plus the washers dont need loads and loads of oil as they are not ment to be slipping all of the time. The main point of this was to ensure good oil to both bearings. R88

+1
    +1 BigD.... Nice write up, very strait forward install. seems like the hardest part of this is getting th PTO off. Also remember guys/gals to switch out the 04-05 fly wheel bolt while you in there if you havent yet.

+1
    I did this mod today to my conversion boat and want to thank Bigdaddy for the great info. It helped me so much as it was made very easy because of this write up!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information