Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Phil, your statment above is very true. I have my ski set up from Jim, When the water is perfect I can clean some clocks. Bit of a chop and my boys roll on past. In my word I love jim's set up when I am going for a number. When In rough conditions it is only a few bolts to get set back up for the rollers. Did have my Jim set up out in the gulf two weeks ago. She hooked up and was flying off the tops of the white caps. Put the correct parts on for the condition you ride in. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    My ski is setup for choppy conditions and there is nothing better than flying across the chop when others can't stay hooked up and are left behind.

Flat water is fun but, most of the time it's never flat. Set it up to run in the average conditions you ride in, and not top speed. If you set your ski up for top speed you will be disappointed most of the time.

My ski could run into the 80's all loosie goosie, but average riding conditions I will get beat every time. But when I have it setup to run 76-77 I own our waters..
    true...lately I've been just ridding my tripple for fun and not worry about top speed.
    I throw the 1200 grate on put .100" washer on the rear of my ride plate and my r&d tabs stay shimmed at .190".
    Very easy to switch from smooth water to real world conditions. Man it handles nicely setup like that and will eat of chop well and still run 85mph+

just had a little of that setup to whats up ronnie that setup you just said is the only way to ride a gpr in my opinion also
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	239.JPG 
Views:	613 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	132739  

Quote Originally Posted by Ronn25 View Post
    true...lately I've been just ridding my tripple for fun and not worry about top speed.
    I throw the 1200 grate on put .100" washer on the rear of my ride plate and my r&d tabs stay shimmed at .190".
    Very easy to switch from smooth water to real world conditions. Man it handles nicely setup like that and will eat of chop well and still run 85mph+
    That's almost exactly how I ride.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    My ski is setup for choppy conditions and there is nothing better than flying across the chop when others can't stay hooked up and are left behind.

Flat water is fun but, most of the time it's never flat. Set it up to run in the average conditions you ride in, and not top speed. If you set your ski up for top speed you will be disappointed most of the time.

My ski could run into the 80's all loosie goosie, but average riding conditions I will get beat every time. But when I have it setup to run 76-77 I own our waters..
    Couldn't have said it better myself.....this whole thread should be stickied...

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    +1
    lol....nvm....it already is.......

anyone know someone that makes a spacer for the smaller sport class yamis?

+1
    Hey guys got 2008 stock GP1300R only 27hrs This forum is great however....I am getting info / data overload! I did get a GPS and clocked the current WOT with only mod being 'D" plate add/cat gone. GPS says 68.8 but speedguesser says 76. Now I want to start upgrade with mods .... but want to do it right. I want very much some sound advice (step by step) I should take to get overall increase in top-end without costly engine mods for now. Any help would be great

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information