Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 368
  1. #11
    Ziggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,183
    +1
    3
    Alright! 'bout time we saw your project

    Looks good, how far off are you? Looks like you & Dean both are going to beat me to the water.


  2. #12
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,005
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Alright! 'bout time we saw your project

    Looks good, how far off are you? Looks like you & Dean both are going to beat me to the water.
    All I got to do is to get the x-over pipe and oil cable and im ready for a water test!

  3. #13
    Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North of Amarillo TX
    Posts
    741
    i glad people are finally posting progress pics of thier builds, so that others can follow!

    looking good man!

  4. #14
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,005
    +1
    163
    Thanks guys! It really means a lot having your recognition and applauds!

  5. #15
    Deanrw3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    west MI
    Posts
    249
    Ziggy

    Just because we make it to the water doesn't mean a whole lot to me lol.

    I can be the first to the water but the first to sink (knock on wood) lol

    I hope to get out this weekend again and log some more time on breaking in the motor.

    GL nick we getting it in the water this week. Give me a call later and let me know how it rides. I might be asking a couple questions about the blidge pump install also. THat is next on my list.

    dean

  6. #16
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,005
    +1
    163
    I bought the auto bilge...I took out the spedo cable and opened up the hole a little for the exit...theres not much to it.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    I bought the auto bilge...I took out the spedo cable and opened up the hole a little for the exit...theres not much to it.
    Don't you think that water will come back in that bilge hole when the boat is at idle or docked? I had thought about putting mine there as well but some folks that utilized the scrubber tubes had issues with water entry.

  8. #18
    Ziggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,183
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by DooMeister View Post
    Don't you think that water will come back in that bilge hole when the boat is at idle or docked? I had thought about putting mine there as well but some folks that utilized the scrubber tubes had issues with water entry.
    Yes, water will siphon back into the hull with the bilge hose below the water line. This is why you put a small hole at the top of the bilge hose to act as a vacuum breaker. Do this and you'll be fine.

    The scrubber tubes (scuppers) need to have a check valve.

  9. #19
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,005
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by DooMeister View Post
    Don't you think that water will come back in that bilge hole when the boat is at idle or docked? I had thought about putting mine there as well but some folks that utilized the scrubber tubes had issues with water entry.
    Not sure... I figured that as long as the line is above the water line it wont make it to the bottom of the hull. I have the line tied up where the bailer tubes were before.so the highest point is atthe latch for the seat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yes, water will siphon back into the hull with the bilge hose below the water line. This is why you put a small hole at the top of the bilge hose to act as a vacuum breaker. Do this and you'll be fine.

    The scrubber tubes (scuppers) need to have a check valve.
    so I guess i need a check valve then above the exit fitting

  10. #20
    looks good. nice to see you post it.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Airborne's 951 XP
    By airbornexp in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 04:41 PM
  2. 951 XP DI worst ever to work on
    By TX21 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 06:49 AM
  3. No spark on my 951 xp?
    By nick230 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 08:32 PM
  4. What octane fuel for a stock 99' 951 xp
    By TurboV6Sonoma in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 10:19 AM
  5. Wtb Mpem 951 Xp 99-02
    By GPR114 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 05:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •