Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Hey guys.....very good points............ but when i pulled the hose off (the hose running from the oil breather to the Powerfilter tube), after careful inspection of the inside of both ends of the tube, there were NO signs of any residual oil...at all....whatsoever.

After having 130 hard hours on my ski, I can only attribute this to the 'undulating, scavenging snake' design of the inside of the oil breather assembly....see pic.

I actually had a Groco strainer setup and ready to go as my converted canister to catch the oil but since there was zero oil found, I just placed the breather on. If i see any oil come from the breather at all....then Ill slap the Groco strainer with the breather attached on there. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.png 
Views:	315 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	124904  

Very nice!!!!!! Well, theres another project to add to the list for my ski.

RIP ive had a similar set up to this on my ski and have not had any oil leakage problems yet, ive had this done for quite a long while also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    I would think on any boosted engine, you will see increased blow by. So if you just vent this into the engine compartment, I'd think sooner or later, you will get an oily mess dripping around. Water vapor, and and overly rich situations will just make the goo appear faster.

My point is, why not take your nifty idea here, and instead of routing it to a breather element, instead route it into an oil vapor canister like they sell at Jegs...

it does add cost.
    You mean the same thing as a catch can?

+1
    OK guys, Here is the blow off gas bypass I made. I used both RIP's and HYDROTOYS ideas but I also added a check valve to not allow air back into the block. Thanks RIP for the information I relize how much I have forgotten about tuning. It has been along time since I SCCA Solo raced. I also forget that the motor is about the same as a auto motor so the same principals still apply.
    The weather here is in the mid 40's and sucks so this week I will be building up pieces for this weekend to be installed. I have received my blower and ordered the pre filter material so I can complete the hull vent mods. I will also order the Flo-rite vents tonight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1657.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	543.9 KB 
ID:	124950  

Quote Originally Posted by #22gpr View Post
    RIP ive had a similar set up to this on my ski and have not had any oil leakage problems yet, ive had this done for quite a long while also.
    +1

Is everyone sure that you dont need the suction from the intake? just a thought...

+1
    You shouldn't because it is to allow bypass pressure to be relieved not to remove anything else. The oil is just a substance that is mixed into the gases during the operation of the engine.

+1
    the oil never gets to the top of that black box and the supercharger does not need any more hot air thats why i took mine out i had this done in all my past turbo cars and never had a problem the cooler the air the better the supercharger works

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superair View Post
    You shouldn't because it is to allow bypass pressure to be relieved not to remove anything else. The oil is just a substance that is mixed into the gases during the operation of the engine.
    thats a hot gas air return line that pushes the hot gasses back to the super charger u dont need hot air going to ur supercharger!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information