Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    The injectors that I ordered are identical to the ones RD has in their documentation, but do not fit as is. So, they are either different, machined, or other steps are taken to make then fit. I'm ordering a set from RD to find out what they are. Screw it RD=Almost $700, the ones I have were about $350. If the machining cost $350 I need to change careers.

Why the fuss? double the cost ! And, I am already working on next year....
    hey shobiz couple questions...
    do you know the actual specs of the injectors you got(and for that matter R&D's and the stock ones)
    what i am talking about is
    -flow
    -ohms
    -impedance
    -dead times
    thanks, og

Quote Originally Posted by og View Post
    hey shobiz couple questions...
    do you know the actual specs of the injectors you got(and for that matter R&D's and the stock ones)
    what i am talking about is
    -flow
    -ohms
    -impedance
    -dead times
    thanks, og
    i found on R&D's website...O.E.M. Yamaha SHO injectors and verified them to flow 396 cc at 43 PSI of fuel pressure, which rates them to flow 39 pounds of fuel per hour. The R&D High Performance Fuel Injectors have been precision flow rate tested to 525cc at 43 PSI of fuel pressure, and 625cc at 70 PSI

+1
    They (pinks) are high impediance (11k?) 10 hole injectors and can be modded to provided over 700cc

GDB
    EJ20
    0.85 ms
    TH510F
    High
    Oval
    Pi
    510cc
    <$120

They (pinks) are high impediance (11k?) 10 hole injectors and can be modded to provided over 700cc

GDB
    EJ20
    0.85 ms
    TH510F
    High
    Oval
    Pi
    510cc
    <$120
    ah. those are subaru impreza injectors (ej20), that is what i use... but watch out for the fake ones... they copy everything in china these days.
    thanks

+1
    Put in the ebay pink injectors tonight. The AFR initially freaked out with a AFR of 18. I was initially worried about being lean . Recalibrated and now the AFR is at ~10.8 (richer than stock). With Stock injectors my AFR was ~11.8. Fuel pressure was the same as with stock injectors . So, after a little testing in the morning I plan on heading to the lake and working on to see what happens with some AFR adjustments.

BTW, who has a brest(hmm what am I thinking of) deal on plugs? I have found so far:
    94702-00427-00 NGK LFR6A-00 10PK
    $17.28

Put in the ebay pink injectors tonight. The AFR initially freaked out with a AFR of 18. I was initially worried about being lean . Recalibrated and now the AFR is at ~10.8 (richer than stock). With Stock injectors my AFR was ~11.8. Fuel pressure was the same as with stock injectors . So, after a little testing in the morning I plan on heading to the lake and working on to see what happens with some AFR adjustments.

BTW, who has a brest(hmm what am I thinking of) deal on plugs? I have found so far:
    94702-00427-00 NGK LFR6A-00 10PK
    $17.28
    hey shobiz,
    when you start raising boost at some point you are going to want to lower your plug temperature... also on "standard" plugs the porcelain will break under high boost... i use denso IKH22 iriduim, they are about a 7.5 on the ngk scale -og

+1
    Hehe - Same plugs I have in my Fj Cruiser

+1
    I guess I need a RRFPR, the ski dies or stutters at return to idle. My fuel pressure at the rail is 61PSI (???) I thought it was supposed to be around 40PSI? Green stock injectors go back in to ride tomorrow if the weather allows.

+1
    I don't think your going to be able to get good results changing injectors without a way to tune for it. The powershot just doesn't allow you to change enough.

I guess I need a RRFPR, the ski dies or stutters at return to idle. My fuel pressure at the rail is 61PSI (???) I thought it was supposed to be around 40PSI? Green stock injectors go back in to ride tomorrow if the weather allows.
    my r&d regulator was set at 45psi out of the box...just back out the adjuster screw

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information