Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Mark where did you get the pissers? I need a couple of them for my conversion.
    Both Riva & R&D sell them.

bypass fittings:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...keyword=bypass

I didn't see them listed in Jerry's store, but the Riva part # for the 1/2" thru-hull is RY1013-TH-1/2...$25.95

Thanks for this new thread! Its a great read for the do-it-yourselfer!

Dave

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    You're right, a bigger IC will make a MUCH bigger difference, but this is my Cruiser boat & I'm having more fun getting the most performance out of a nearly stock setup while retaining good fuel range...I've already got a nearly perfect go fast ski, and another in the works. IMO, this is definately a worthwile mod for anyone wanting to keep a conservative setup.
    And the bigger intercooler is gonna need more than the factory 10 psi water feed........so it's not a wasted mod.........even when it's time to upgrade the IC....

which is a good thing.....because to say the factory IC is kind of pathetic is saying it lightly

+1

Thumbs up

sticky !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    sticky !
    Wow, my first sticky...thanks Billy!!!

+1
    Wow, my first sticky...thanks Billy!!!

No pisser action on starboard

Okay, I have been having a bad week or so and now I am feeling pretty dumb again.

I installed the tunnel reinforcement last week and went out to ride Saturday. I immediately noticed no water out of the pisser on either side. Back on the trailer and back home. Swapped the two lines in the back going to the transom. Put it on the hose and had water out the port side and thought I was good to go. Drove back to the lake and launched. No water from the pisser on the starboard side. This means no water going thru the intercooler.

I installed the Stock IC with the RD core as well as the cooling and pressure kit and can't see why I would be getting nothing at all. Will look at this afternoon when I get home, but wanted to go ahead and get some ideas here.
    Fracking last thing I need is to not be able to ride this 3 day weekend!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Okay, I have been having a bad week or so and now I am feeling pretty dumb again.

I installed the tunnel reinforcement last week and went out to ride Saturday. I immediately noticed no water out of the pisser on either side. Back on the trailer and back home. Swapped the two lines in the back going to the transom. Put it on the hose and had water out the port side and thought I was good to go. Drove back to the lake and launched. No water from the pisser on the starboard side. This means no water going thru the intercooler.

I installed the Stock IC with the RD core as well as the cooling and pressure kit and can't see why I would be getting nothing at all. Will look at this afternoon when I get home, but wanted to go ahead and get some ideas here.

MJH is the man to speak to on hthis one......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post

If you now have water coming from the port pisser, you have the hoses connected to the correct thru-hull fittings...the bottom one is the cooling water inlet & the top is for the siphon bilge. The first thing I would check is the tee that sits under the manifold. The stock metric hoses don't fit really well on the 1/2" barbs. This is why I replaced the short section of hose going to the IC inlet with 1/2" hose to avoid the poor fit & used an oetiker clamp to get the other OEM hose on as tight as possible. If one of the hoses popped off you might not have noticed the water in the hull if you only took it for a quick spin. It's also possible you sucked some trash through the pump strainer & it clogged the line somewhere...most likely at the tee or IC inlet, otherwise you would still have pressure from the OEM hose if it was clogged further upline. I ran agroud once & pushed a snake through the new line from the tee back to make sure it hadn't sucked anything in. This way you don't have to pull the hose out of the boat to check it.

If you now have water coming from the port pisser, you have the hoses connected to the correct thru-hull fittings...the bottom one is the cooling water inlet & the top is for the siphon bilge. The first thing I would check is the tee that sits under the manifold. The stock metric hoses don't fit really well on the 1/2" barbs. This is why I replaced the short section of hose going to the IC inlet with 1/2" hose to avoid the poor fit & used an oetiker clamp to get the other OEM hose on as tight as possible. If one of the hoses popped off you might not have noticed the water in the hull if you only took it for a quick spin. It's also possible you sucked some trash through the pump strainer & it clogged the line somewhere...most likely at the tee or IC inlet, otherwise you would still have pressure from the OEM hose if it was clogged further upline. I ran agroud once & pushed a snake through the new line from the tee back to make sure it hadn't sucked anything in. This way you don't have to pull the hose out of the boat to check it.
    Hot damn we think alike
    BTW, reversing those hoses, you will bring about 7 gallons of water in pretty quickly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information