Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

+1
    Depends on the seat. Some seats you need the longnose gun as described. I bought the kit - it was worth it. Have put a few on now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonUF02 View Post
    This is an old thread, but has anyone tried this with a simple staple gun and stainless staples from Home Depot? I have an old Sea Doo GTS and I was planning on just buying a sheet of marine vinyl, removing the old cover because it is very stiff from sun and age, then stapling on the new vinyl and cutting around the free edges inside. If this won't work, it's not worth the money to me to buy all the other stuff, I just want to get rid of the old stiff faded cover. Also, can I add more foam padding underneath? I have seen sheets of padding sold by hydroturf. The old ski gets really ruff in big waves, it does not have thick padding like the new ones.
    Hey,
    welcome to the GH forums!

Yes, I did try some the first few times. But the staples you get at HD are very wide and large. They don't go in the plastic very well, and/or can crack the plastic if you get too close to the edge.

If you are JUST going to do one cover and get rid of the ski, then just buy a good cover and pay somebody $75 to do it. If you are going to have some skis in the future, AND you have an air compressor already, then this is really a no-brainer. I'll be putting one 2 more in a few weeks. Since I've started doing this, I've put on no less than 10 covers. This thing has paid for itself nearly 10 fold.

cheap covering

Thanks for the input. I bought stainless staples to re-do my trailer carpet, so I'm going to try popping a couple into the bottom plastic of the seat to see if they will go through properly. If not, I found the vinyl I like and i will take it to an auto upholstry shop with the directions in this thread.

+1
    M-line cover. Those ripples in the middle are gone after 1 day in the sun.

Nice How to. I actually just recovered my seat about a week ago. Just used black vinyl. Turned out pretty nice. Looks slick...

+1
    Good job MArk. I would change that gas cap now for a 1 mph red or .7 mph black, or 1.7389mph silver one the OEM white has .96745 CE drag

+1
    Paint scheme coming. No need.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    Nice How to. I actually just recovered my seat about a week ago. Just used black vinyl. Turned out pretty nice. Looks slick...
    Picture!

hydro.. i just ordered my new hyrdroturf seat cover.. my ski is JUST like urs with black plastics and stripped white hull.. im going 2 red 2 black look on seat. and ten having red custom graphics from a good artist here.. ill keep ya posted.. gonna look sick..! love your handlebars.. i just took my stock pad off to make it look cool.. to bad i cheaped out haha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zpeters View Post
    hydro.. i just ordered my new hyrdroturf seat cover.. my ski is JUST like urs with black plastics and stripped white hull.. im going 2 red 2 black look on seat. and ten having red custom graphics from a good artist here.. ill keep ya posted.. gonna look sick..! love your handlebars.. i just took my stock pad off to make it look cool.. to bad i cheaped out haha
    Be CAREFULL... Handle bars hurt without padding...

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information