Page 906 of 909 FirstFirst ... 406856896904905906907908 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,060 of 9087
    +1

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Why I carry EVERY SINGLE time I walk out my front door. While I've never seen a bear around, I've walked out into a pack of pigs eating what was left of my bird box a few years ago and of course the occasional rattler ( we keep our pistol with snake rounds in a coded box just inside our front door)

this was a sobering moment at a motel 6 in Tennessee

-------------------------

On Thursday night, 7 November, 2019 a little after 11 p.m., at the Motel 6 in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, Greg Sapp was on the walkway outside of his and his wife, Vicki's motel room on the second floor. He was getting a smoke. He did not know he would be emptying his Kimber .45 into a charging black bear within seconds

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/11/bla...loor-of-motel/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Why I carry EVERY SINGLE time I walk out my front door. While I've never seen a bear around, I've walked out into a pack of pigs eating what was left of my bird box a few years ago and of course the occasional rattler ( we keep our pistol with snake rounds in a coded box just inside our front door)

this was a sobering moment at a motel 6 in Tennessee

On Thursday night, 7 November, 2019 a little after 11 p.m., at the Motel 6 in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, Greg Sapp was on the walkway outside of his and his wife, Vicki's motel room on the second floor. He was getting a smoke. He did not know he would be emptying his Kimber .45 into a charging black bear within seconds

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/11/bla...loor-of-motel/

This just happened too...

59-Year-Old Texas Woman Killed in Feral Hog Attack

No, she wasn’t hunting. No, she wasn’t out in the sticks somewhere. Chirstine Rollins was visiting the home of a client in Anahuac, Texas, an exurb east of Houston just south of I-10 when she was set upon by feral hogs.

From the scene the local sheriff found, it appears that she was attacked in her client’s yard after she got out of her car in the home’s driveway early Sunday morning.

“In my 35 years, I will tell you it’s one of the worst things I’ve ever seen,” [Sheriff Brian] Hawthorne told reporters.

As Sheriff Hawthorne says in his statement above, Rollins died due to exsanguination due to feral hog assault. In other words, she bled to death after the pigs attacked and bit her multiple times.

As we’ve noted before, Texas is fighting a losing battle against a plague of feral hogs. We got ’em bad and that ain’t good.

Texas alone is home to millions of the destructive critters, but the problem is hardly confined to the Lone Star State.

More!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    This just happened too...

59-Year-Old Texas Woman Killed in Feral Hog Attack

No, she wasn’t hunting. No, she wasn’t out in the sticks somewhere. Chirstine Rollins was visiting the home of a client in Anahuac, Texas, an exurb east of Houston just south of I-10 when she was set upon by feral hogs.

From the scene the local sheriff found, it appears that she was attacked in her client’s yard after she got out of her car in the home’s driveway early Sunday morning.

“In my 35 years, I will tell you it’s one of the worst things I’ve ever seen,” [Sheriff Brian] Hawthorne told reporters.

As Sheriff Hawthorne says in his statement above, Rollins died due to exsanguination due to feral hog assault. In other words, she bled to death after the pigs attacked and bit her multiple times.

As we’ve noted before, Texas is fighting a losing battle against a plague of feral hogs. We got ’em bad and that ain’t good.

Texas alone is home to millions of the destructive critters, but the problem is hardly confined to the Lone Star State.

More!
    Anahuac is not to far from me. Really weird that they would have attacked her. They are everywhere here, but you seldom see them, creatures of the night mostly. My bet is that they, or someone in their neighborhood was feeding them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Anahuac is not to far from me. Really weird that they would have attacked her. They are everywhere here, but you seldom see them, creatures of the night mostly. My bet is that they, or someone in their neighborhood was feeding them.

Bingo!

+1
    Pretty cool website for pistol size comparison and specs...

https://www.handgunhero.com/

+1
    GLOCK: Something Big Is Coming – December 10th 2019

More!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GLOCK-Something-Big-Is-Coming-–-December-10th-2019-660x275.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	456538  

+1
    Maybe a carbine???

9. +1 by:

+1
    Prepare to be underwhelmed...

Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    GLOCK: Something Big Is Coming – December 10th 2019

More!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    Prepare to be underwhelmed...

But...but...but...legendary!

GLOCK 44 .22LR – Rimfire Perfection

Rimfire is life – a recurring mantra on The Firearm Blog. And when an apex predator firearms manufacturer with a deep portfolio of world class defensive pistols changes course to focus on the .22LR cartridge, our beliefs become even more solidified. Today we get introduced to the GLOCK 44 .22LR pistol.

In spite of being chambered in the svelte little primer-less round, the new handgun has all the features, functionality and familiarity of the rest of the GLOCK Gen 5 pistols. TFB was fortunate enough to have early hands-on “beta test” access to some of the first G44 pistols outside of either the Austria or Georgia headquarters. For nearly three months I personally fed the GLOCK G19-sized pistols a variety of .22LR ammunition under various conditions and believe wholeheartedly that the G44 represents the Perfection attributed with the G17 through G48 GLOCK models.

More!

More than one new gun from Glock is supposed to be announced today from what I heard.

Page 906 of 909 FirstFirst ... 406856896904905906907908 ... LastLast

Thread Information