+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    X intercooler-$250
    XS Intercooler- $89 shipped to my door.

XS intercooler Tapped 3 holes-Shipping cost to a friend of mine

So lets tack on $30 on shipping.

Say $90+$30=$120

$250-$120=$130

I would do the X intercooler trade for the XS seems like a great deal. However I need it back.
    Deal was made Kale and you changed your mind again!

You will get "YOUR" I/C back without question. Was really just trying to help my friend Rich out.

Lot more to it then that and very glad I didn't let you see everything done to the cooler to make it work right.

Rich was going to help you fix this mess with a little help from me and believe it or not its way worse then building one from scratch. Its a complete tear down and starting over.

Its over know and Rich is done after you decided to trash him on the forum and never will either one of us help you in any way shape or form. Very unfortunate for you due to him being one of the most meticulous people I know.

Continue your BS where it doesn't belong and I will happily take this to another level!

Good luck with you build Kale.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    ., 15 hours is alot of hours for a motor to leak. And with a high performance engine, anything can happen the first 30 minutes or 1 hour for that matter to an engine if it is not lubricated properly. ITs my understanding these engines are lubrication sensitive in pressure and level, so any unnecessary or drastic fluctuations in each, especially over 15 hours can cause serious problems in this motor.

Yup. It was a trainwreck as soon the first "wrench" got his hands on it.

Kale.... I feel very sorry for your situation. I do have to ask, however:
    If it was leaking oil after it was built, why did you not go immediately back to the person who built it? Why did you wait, continue to ride it, and then take it to a third party? Why are you now looking into other options and possibly investing more money instead of forcing the person who built your motor to fix it?

Wouldnt it make more sense to at least try and get him to fix your motor before you invest more money? Youve got nothing more to lose that way...

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    answer a few questions..

Icerat, you have a TON of wrong info

you are getting Dan O'keefe and Danny Confused... Danny has nothing to do with my engine problems... he isn't even in the picture anymore really so dont call him out on stuff that he doesnt have anything to do with

The engine leak, to answer Powerslaves question.. I redid the PTO housing, and replaced the grommet. That should have stopped the leak there.

I talked to dan on the phone for a long time, and am amazed even in the situation how professional he continues to be. It is quite classy and once more very professional in my opinion. Basically I am going to get the engine back to Dan, and he as the engine builder will inspect it. I will also be able to see the problems I was told this is having.

I've been talking to my parents, and we have about locked on some skis around that i will use and ride and then eventually I will do the swap. Running skis.. I will be adding a few more skis probably RXP's to the collection until I decide to make the swap

Duke I've kept a mellow tone in all of this, if you wish to post on this please keep the same. If not , don't take your time to post. Appreciate it.

"I will happily take this to another level"

What do you even mean by this Duke?

Thanks,

Kale

+1
    Duke I've kept a mellow tone in all of this, if you wish to post on this please keep the same. If not , don't take your time to post. Appreciate it.

"I will happily take this to another level"

What do you even mean by this Duke?

Thanks,

Kale
    Your accusations toward Rich is complete BS and pisses me off to no end. Bringing me into this crap over a junk I/C and a deal you already made pisses me off even further.

We both tried to help you and now you want to start shit on the open forum when all we did was tell you the truth.

Your ski needs to be rebuilt from scratch, total fact. Never have I had so much grief from someone that gets so much free info.. Its neither one of our faults your ski is what it is.

Next level means if you continue to try and destroy someones name that works very hard at what he does and is one of the most honest people I know it will become very personal to me and will have to continue to explain what an ungrateful 15 year old child you really are and not even able to make a legal monatary decision without consulting your mom. Rich did nothing but what you asked him to do!!!!!!

We make our living at this. Think about it Kale.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Your accusations toward Rich is complete BS and pisses me off to no end. Bringing me into this crap over a junk I/C and a deal you already made pisses me off even further.

We both tried to help you and now you want to start shit on the open forum when all we did was tell you the truth.

Your ski needs to be rebuilt from scratch, total fact. Never have I had so much grief from someone that gets so much free info.. Its neither one of our faults your ski is what it is.

Next level means if you continue to try and destroy someones name that works very hard at what he does and is one of the most honest people I know it will become very personal to me and will have to continue to explain what an ungrateful 15 year old child you really are and not even able to make a legal monatary decision without consulting your mom. Rich did nothing but what you asked him to do!!!!!!

We make our living at this. Think about it Kale.
    I'm not trying to destroy rich's name at all.

I've stated more then a few times that rich is Very good at what he does. I know this for a fact, Rich knows more about the GPR's then I will ever know.

Ungrateful, I don't think you understand how thankful I am by all the help and support I receive.

I'm not saying it is your fault or WFO's fault my ski is in the condition it is now I understand that I just had Rich take it apart.. and check it out. Little things like the Intercooler end up being big things. If the intercooler thing was really a big deal, why wouldn't I be told to sell my X intercooler, then pay for one from you.

Not do a trade. Obviously if traded you would have gotten an amazing deal, and I would be spending more money to do the piping and everything which=more money this is my point to things. I didn't have to change some stuff.

I can't type what I can say on the phone, and it is hard to explain everything here.

I am sorry if you have taken this the wrong way, or some of the things..

At the end of the day, even with the deals I have with my parents they are still the ones that would have and will cut the check for Rich. Or whoever.

They set their foot down, and that is why it is at halt.

That should be the end of the story there.

Duke, I know you've had a problem with me since that stupid MPEM issue a year or so ago. You told me never to talk to you again.. and I never did. The only thing I asked was what pipe you had on your ski.. for like over a year now I haven't talked to you unless you come to me!

If my X intercooler truly is a Junk intercooler.. then why would you wanna swap for it? Why would you want more clutter in your shop.. if it is a junk piece..

The intercooler discussion I would like to end. It is old now.

I really don't know whether I am trying to be sucked into screaming and typing a bunch of stuff, writing cuss words and so fourth but I haven't and I won't.

Essentially it comes down to the fact that my parents are putting their foot down, and it is coming to an end.

I'm not saying WFO has turned my ski into a wreck.. and made it this way. I have lots of respect for rich, however even $6000+ for an engine rebuild I couldn't pay for. The foot has been planted, and truthfully this whole argument is and should be over.

I'm sure this could go on for months, but as said I still consider both sides friends and look up, admire, respect both Dan and Rich.

Thanks,

Hallpass

Midlothian Virginia USA ~ On the James River~
    +1

+1
    ...... If the intercooler thing was really a big deal, why wouldn't I be told to sell my X intercooler, then pay for one from you.fficeffice"

Not do a trade. Obviously if traded you would have gotten an amazing deal, and I would be spending more money to do the piping and everything which=more money this is my point to things. I didn't have to change some stuff.....

Kale, you seem like a smart guy, I'm sure the option was given to you, and you made a call, and that call was to accept the offer for the swap, you also had the option to decline the offer, buy a new cooler and sell yours in your own time, but I believe you would have made a call on this, I don't believe the deal would have been done without your ok. That aside, this whole intercooler thing is getting old - as is this who thread now.

Kale. I too have had someone build me a conversion that screwed me over, then had to get it shipped somewhere else to get it finished, then had to build it again from scratch when I received it here in Australia. But have you seen me bring it up on the Forums?? and trust me a few close friends on here know the issue I had, but I put it behind me as 'experience' and moved on, with making the ski right. maybe its time to do the same.

The main person that has helped me sort through the mess, and spent so much time with me on the phone internationally has been Rich for no charge of his time... and for the few parts I've purchased from him, I doubt he's made profit on them to make up for the time he has spent talking to and emailing me... Points of the story is 1:these ski's Cost money - big money especially to do things right, and 2: Rich is selfless, honest and down to earth, he gives you options, recommends the best scenario and gives you the call on how to proceed. I'm sure if you weren't happy with his recommendation he would have given you cheaper alternatives with warnings to go with it.
    3: once done right these ski's (if looked after) are reliable, fast and a whole ball of fun... but it can be a painful road to get there (Just ask deansta)

Problem is - When you don't do EVERYTHING a tuner recommends, and he's placed his hands on that ski, it has his signature, so that if something goes wrong with that ski its on his reputation even if the work wasn't done to that tuners recommendation - I wonder if there may be a case of that on this ski ????

I'm not saying WFO has turned my ski into a wreck.. and made it this way. I have lots of respect for rich, however even $6000+ for an engine rebuild I couldn't pay for. The foot has been planted, and truthfully this whole argument is and should be over.

Is that the cost for an engine rebuild only? or is that the cost to fix everything else as well... including clean the ski up? All the little things like replacing hoses, hose clamps etc can add up in value pretty quickly.

Also. Question I also ask. Sounds like Rich has spent a fair amount of time on your ski already, and you say your parents have turned the tap off... I hope he's at least getting paid for the work he has done so far give you've asked him to pull down and inspect.... Otherwise I'm sure you can call that bridge burnt.

If I had my option, my ski would have gone to Rich to get everything fixed up, the only problem was I didn't realise the extent of my issues until it was already in Australiala, and I thank Rich for all the help he's give me.

+1
    I think now would be a good time for someone with a big ERASE button to step in and make the last 4 pages go away... This shit is out of controll...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    I think now would be a good time for someone with a big ERASE button to step in and make the last 4 pages go away... This shit is out of controll...
    please, and thanks

Page 116 of 134 FirstFirst ... 66106114115116117118126 ... LastLast

Thread Information