Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DIY RRFPR

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Wow!! 40-50 bucks worth. I knew the RRFPR's in the store were way overpriced. I don't mind paying what it's worth but $400 is way off.
    Larry, when you take into consideration the price of the quality regulator used, billet blockoff for stock regulator, all fittings, gauge, hose, etc. you will see that all those small items add up. Then throw in the labor to assemble it all the actual profit on a Rude regulator is small.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    Yea $40-50 but who knows how long it will last, I would not thrust a no mame cheap fuel pressure regulator on a $4000-$5000 engine.
    What happens if it fails...the fuel would still flow...replace the sucker. A regulator is a regulator...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Larry, when you take into consideration the price of the quality regulator used, billet blockoff for stock regulator, all fittings, gauge, hose, etc. you will see that all those small items add up. Then throw in the labor to assemble it all the actual profit on a Rude regulator is small.
    Oops, sorry Jerry. I just vented. Jer, the Rude is a class act and worth it for reliability and trust. I understand about all the stuff to put it together and make it work. It's just some guys can't afford that and they need one on their ski so the alternative is a good option as long as they understand they are not getting the quality that the Rude has. If you can afford it get the Rude!

What happens if it fails...the fuel would still flow...replace the sucker. A regulator is a regulator...
    Yea if it fails at WOT you will need to replace a more than just a regulator.

Assume the fittings are tight and the halves of the reg are tight the only thing that can happen is the membrane would develop a hole ? Could you not keep running or will gas flow into the intake through the vaccum line?

Assume the fittings are tight and the halves of the reg are tight the only thing that can happen is the membrane would develop a hole ? Could you not keep running or will gas flow into the intake through the vaccum line?
    The spring can break or loose tention loss of fuel pressure, if the diaframe developes a leak it can flood the intake manifold and hydrolock the engine.

The spring can break or loose tention loss of fuel pressure, if the diaframe developes a leak it can flood the intake manifold and hydrolock the engine.
    Got it!! Thanks!

+1
    Same thing can be said for any of the high $ regulators also....would the manufacturer's step up and warranty any engine failure due to a faulty regulator?

So I am in the process of making one of these, If I do the remote mount (which i plan to) where can i mount it? I want to make it as easily accessible as possible when I pop the seat off. could i mount it by the oil fill area?

I agree with RXP6.
    I had a FPR fail on one of my cars......

I am not saying you cant make a reliable one, but I know the Rude is tried and tested.

Just there are some things you can gamble with, and some you pays yer money, and you takes your chance.... and accurate fuelling is not a toy to be played with. It took less than 1 second to demolish the insides of my GT-R when it went wrong for me last time.

Either way, good luck with your modification, it's good to see someone is having a go. watch the ratios dont get wildly out of pat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information