Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    +1
    good information mike!

+1
    Thanks for posting the part number Mike

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    That makes me happy... I did not know there was a kit.. I must have missed it I guess in my Riva catalog???!! COOL I'm working on replacing some plate studs in mine now.

+1
    Hey guys, I have a few pictures to post, don't have it all complete, but here are a few to show ya.
    Also, I am making a temnplate out of paper and will be using carbon fiber. I bought some carbon fiber cloth off ebay and will lay 2 layers of it.
    I will aslo be using the 2003-2005 pump shoe inserts Mike (Pistonwash) recommended.

I will post more as I progress. Just takignmy time doing this. Slow and tedious, but will be top notch when I am finished.

Repaired cracked holes with Marine-Tex

Paper template

+1
    looks good RX. Boy that back sure is dirty, but will never matter as long as your fast. Good luck on the rest of it!!

+1
    Yeah, it was really dirty. When I finish the reinforcement, I will do a deep scrubbin back there. The front part of my engien bay doesn't look nothing liek the rear of my ski. the front is very clean. I am embarrassed about the rear but it will be clean when finished and strong.

Also, I chose to go this route since everyone was out of the R&D kit. I evencalled R&D and they told me there was possibly a 4-6 week backorder.

Anonymous
    I'm getting ready to do this myself. I plan on using fiberglass matt, as I think it will be stronger than the cloth. Billy, does the gold chain bracelet help with the resin application

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I'm getting ready to do this myself. I plan on using fiberglass matt, as I think it will be stronger than the cloth. Billy, does the gold chain bracelet help with the resin application
    That was me, forgot to login while thinkin about wisecrackin ya Billy. I do appologize as after further thought I'm sure the gold chain is for added weight to help with the sanding process, not the resin application

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    hey bud, whatever works for you. there are several ways to get this done. Mike and Billy have chosen to do it this way , in which i believe will be just as strong as the kevlar piece that everyone is out of.
    This is a good time of year to get crap like this out of the way - and you will have that added security of just KNOWING that it's there.

I personnally hated doing mine because of the miticulas work involved, but it just had to be done. Godd Luck with it!!

+1
    I do appologize as after further thought I'm sure the gold chain is for added weight to help with the sanding process, not the resin application

yEp :P

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information