Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Come to the dark side... We have COOKIES! flyman's Avatar
    Have had the xl1200 out three times this summer. Its running just great. But kinda strange though. Everytime I go out the fuel press. is either up 1lb or 1lb down at idle. 6 psi wot. I have an autometer gauge mounted where the on, res valve was. The press. diff. on different days doesent seem to make it run any different or affect fuel mixture. Check my plugs frequently. Just my observation.

My next mod. Im going to shoot for is a 150 psi head. Anybody? Intake grate and ride plate and then I can call this rebuild a success.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by flyman View Post
    Have had the xl1200 out three times this summer. Its running just great. But kinda strange though. Everytime I go out the fuel press. is either up 1lb or 1lb down at idle. 6 psi wot. I have an autometer gauge mounted where the on, res valve was. The press. diff. on different days doesent seem to make it run any different or affect fuel mixture. Check my plugs frequently. Just my observation.
    With freshly rebuild carbs (and top end), my fuel pressure varied a little bit at idle also. It started off at like 3 psi and now its worked its way down to a little bit above 1 psi. My WOT is 5.5psi. So I think what you are experienced is normal..at least compared to mine.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information