Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

OKAY experts out there!!!

2001 Yamaha XR1800 2 fully rebuilt STD size motors

Air fuel separator with electric fuel pump being used to prevent air into carbs

Can i use OSIDE recipe for the carbs on this boat with return mod?

Can i just use his jetting and popoff specs that are tried on true or will the BOAT need different settings due to size and weight?

Anyone have a perfectly setup XR1800 thats wants to share their perfect reliable setup?

thanks in advance,
    Chris in Arizona.

cat removal gp1200r and gp1300r

Quote Originally Posted by ryffryda View Post
    If you replace the cat with a d-plate is it recommended to remove the accelerator pump and also to rejet the carbs?
    Hi all.

New to this group and trying to wrap my head around the need for a cat or D-plate.
    My question is - if you remove the catalytic from gp1200r or gp1300r, do you really need to replace with a D-plate ? can you just use the delete chic? what exactly does the D-plate do apart from create exhaust restriction / backpressure ?
    Does it aid in the expansion chamber soundwave effect that 2strokes need in order to create more power ?
    I'm saying this as I always thought the exhaust being submereged created enough necessary backpressure/restriction.
    I previously had a rebuilt gp800r which had neither a cat nor a D-plate but still managed 80kph. reuilt carbs also worked great.
    Thanks in advance

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ouzo View Post
    Hi all.

New to this group and trying to wrap my head around the need for a cat or D-plate.
    My question is - if you remove the catalytic from gp1200r or gp1300r, do you really need to replace with a D-plate ? can you just use the delete chic? what exactly does the D-plate do apart from create exhaust restriction / backpressure ?
    Does it aid in the expansion chamber soundwave effect that 2strokes need in order to create more power ?
    I'm saying this as I always thought the exhaust being submereged created enough necessary backpressure/restriction.
    I previously had a rebuilt gp800r which had neither a cat nor a D-plate but still managed 80kph. reuilt carbs also worked great.
    Thanks in advance
    The D plate was developed to create some back pressure.... without it the ski is a dog.

Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
    Firt time poster, used greenhulk a lot while rebuilding my engines. I have two xlt 1200 from 2001, living in the Netherland. Rebuilded the carbs and used osidebill resipe:

1200R Aftermarket F/A's (Flame Arrestors) chokes intact

• 110 Pilot jets, 1 turn out on low speed adjusters
      • 120 main jets, 1-1/2 turn out on high speed adjusters
      • 1.5 Needle and Seat, 95 gram spring (Dull Silver) 42-45 avg. pop-off pressure.
    Just finsihd the first test ride, low RPM's pretty good throttle response. Max RPM goes to 6000 not to 7 before oside bills reciepe, really missing power and speed. Not very response on the throttle.

cylinder 1 wet plug (fuel)
    cylinder 2 wet plug (fuel(
    Cylinder 3 dry plug like supposed to

Can anyone please send me in the right direction? Have quite a lot experience with maintaining my ski's. Dont want to search hours if somebody knows where to look for.

Many thanks!
    I have this same problem. Any chance you're still on this site and figured out the issue?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnied View Post
    I have this same problem. Any chance you're still on this site and figured out the issue?
    Check the fuel line and carb for restrictions

There has to be a blockage somewhere on that carb.

+1
    Wet or Dry plugs mean nothing in 2stroke tuning. Research piston wash.

Getting better.

Thanks for the responses I looked into the piston wash and also tore the carbs down to rebuild again I also re synced the throttle plates. Now all of the plugs are evenly wet. I took it out on the water today. The highs are great but at lower rpm it likes to pop and the transition between low and high jet is pretty instant. I did turn the lows down about an 1/8 to a 1/4 because I couldn't get it to idle out of the water very well with out doing that.

+1
    Thanks for the responses I looked into the piston wash and also tore the carbs down to rebuild again I also re synced the throttle plates. Now all of the plugs are evenly wet. I took it out on the water today. The highs are great but at lower rpm it likes to pop and the transition between low and high jet is pretty instant. I did turn the lows down about an 1/8 to a 1/4 because I couldn't get it to idle out of the water very well with out doing that.
    Idle should be set in the water and under load. This will result in a higher idle on the trailer but is ok

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesyfxr View Post
    Idle should be set in the water and under load. This will result in a higher idle on the trailer but is ok
    Yeah that makes sense I guess I'll try resetting the lows to 1 turn out and set the idle in the water to see what it does. I have to get the carbs out anyways because the throttle shafts are locking up unfortunately.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread Information