Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    +1
    looks like something I'll be doing in the winter time, thanks for the help

A friend of mine has a 2000 XL or limited or something, lol.. It has the 66V engine. Did the cat delete, chip and was told of a new adjuster settings for the carbs. Tried them, and several others. ALL failed to work properly. Bogging, starting issues constantly.. And setting the carbs is a total pain because you cannot adjust the settings unless you take the huge exhaust pipe out every time. Finally after much searching around I found this information and I hope SO much that it makes that machine of his work and work really well.

The ONLY thing that hasnt been done yet is the aftermarket FAs. Which might come in the future. All the parts are in and once it will be tested tomorrow. I will get back with the results.

+1
    If you run this jetting with stock air box it will be too rich, the stock air box is restrictive and will pull in more fuel from the jets. I have not heard back from a friend who is testing jetting on stock airbox's, when I do I will post this is still unproven for now. The change for a stock airbox he is trying is 100 pilots 120 mains 1.5 N&S gold 115 gr spring. I suggested he might also run the stock 1.2 N&S with a black 80 gr spring. once he reports back he or I will post the results. try this too or go to aftermarket F/A's for known results.

OK so after some testing on this watercraft. It is DEFINITLY too rich. There is a lot of popping/missing coming from the machine. Comes from the exhaust and you can hear it across the lake. If you are behind his machine with it running it smells like raw gas, lol. It seems rich both bottom and top end. Wont take throttle nicely and poor top speed. So you would definitly suggest useing the FAs to clear up this rich problem?
    If I told him that it would definitly clear up his engine issue of way to rich, he would probably get them forsure..

He was talking about putting in the small 120 mains and leaning out the bottom with the screwes but I told him to leave it alone until I came back here for more information.

Thanks again for this post, the information is great.

+1
    If you follow the recipe the cookies come out the same every time Yes add F/A's or go up on Pop-off pressure and down on pilot jet size.

Disclaimer: Recipe needs adjustment in high altitude

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    If you follow the recipe the cookies come out the same every time Yes add F/A's or go up on Pop-off pressure and down on pilot jet size.

Disclaimer: Recipe needs adjustment in high altitude
    I think its just easier to add the FA's. LOL. That carb rack is nasty to work on and take out. Everything else is in place. I even HAD those FAs in the shopping cart too but took them out.

Where we go out on the water is average 75 Meters to 180M above seal level according to earthtools. Would that be considerd adjustment territory? Its not too far from sea level where we are. Was out on lake ontario today.

+1
    No not at that elevation. High elevation 3500' ASL is where things start to get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    No not at that elevation. High elevation 3500' ASL is where things start to get interesting.
    Ahaha. Alright. Thanks for your help again. I will keep this posted on how we make out. Maybe tomorrow I can steal his credit card and order the parts for him. I have a feeling if we dont get this thing running well soon its gonna be tossed to the yard with a for sale sign on it.

We didnt think that the stock airbox was that restrictive beacuse there isnt a lot to it.. I didnt look inside it tho. ?

Aftermarket FAs on order from florida.

Alright. The Cookies came out pretty nice. However I think they could be worked on just a little. LOL.

Top end is amazing and the machine is a beast. However, mid-low is still kinda popping and it seems if you ease the throttle up it almost sounds and seems like its losing a cylinder for a second or two. This seems to happen around 15-25 MPH range that it is doing this. Once you work the throttle a little and get it out of that its good up top again..

Are there any suggestions for this low end issue?

Thanks again for the help this far, its made more progress then we would have made without the help forsure.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information