Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    definitly not! Do you really want to chance putting a top end in it if you dont have to do it already? There is a sticky at the top of the 2 stroke section that will help with carb cleaning. the hard part is getting the cables off and not getting them too far out of adjustment. as for the fuel lines, just trace them down and replace...you'll get it.

so I told my dad all this and hes like there is no way it could be that, im not doing all this bla bla bla...I guess he wants to know how it could be that and how we could blow the top end

+1
    basically it leans it out and you sieze or score a piston and a cylinder or two. If he doesnt want to do all the work to make it dependable you might as well have another ski follow you out every time to pull you back in when you cant get fuel cause you have pluged screens in the carbs or when you blow the top end. what is happening when it dies on you is your carbs are needing a lot of fuel but it has to go through the filters first. If you have a lot of deterioration in the lines that crap clogs the screens and you dont get fuel. it has to trickle into the carbs when they are that cloged. once it refills thats how you can start it again and run half throttle because it has "caught up" once you hit WOT again it starves the motor and thats how it boggs and dies.

ok

Im from holland
    Try this

http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...ad.php?t=12015

Take a look at the video and you will be amazed ...

Good luck!

I had a similar prob im my 96 gtx. Only it would run all day and when I came back to start it the next day it would just crank away and never fire. Fuel right? Nope. When fuel into the carb throats produced nothing more than the smell of fuel coming out of the exhaust pipe I checked the spark. Nothing. Moved the ski to a shady area to work and hit the starter one more time. VROOOM!!! Went through several cycles of this over the year and was certain it had something to do with the compass because after it would refuse to fire it would start sometime after being moved. Long story short it wound up being a bad connection going to the cdi module in the grey case with the mpem. Check your spark early in your diagnostic.

And change those fuel lines no matter what.

Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    OH, any chance there is a how to thing for these that I could print out and see pictures? My dad knows a bit, but not enough to do this blind.

there is the shop manual and mikuni carb rebuild pages right there... print them out and punch holes in them and put them in a 3 ring binder for quick referance

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showpost...37&postcount=1

well my dad doesnt wanna do this just him and I so were taking it in to a a shop that we always take our water stuff into, there gonna do a diagnosis and we will see where it goes from there.

that carb rebuild movie isnt working for me...do I need to log in to make it work?

+1
    dude its not that hard. you can do it. these carbs are the easiest thing to work on. just pop off the side, replace seals, gaskets, needle and seat, springs, and screens. thats it! I would at least try first. a shop is going to charge you +/- $700 to fix it. If it helps Ill take pix of my stock carbs and walk you through it if you 'd like?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information