Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996XP View Post
    I love amsoil, don't get me wrong. I've used it in my 350Z since the day i got her and in every other car. But unless i can pick this up in a store, i don't like having to order oil every time i use it, or having to meet up with a rep, sit through a mini informercial, and have other products forced onto me as well. Like has happened in the past with Amsoil reps! That's why i haven't gotten a membership. cause i can go to my local auto store here and het the amsoil i use for my car. Leave with only Amsoil. And not be hassled.

I'm looking for a cheap alternative to XPS oil that i can go and redily pick up in a store such as wal-mart, etc. That is still just as safe to use, and will yield a savings of $10 or more over the XPS oil. If this doesn't exist, it's no big loss. I'm just curious.

Again i LOVE Amsoil!!! It's just to much of a PITA to get.
    I order mine by the case. That shouldn't warrant a sales pitch, should it?

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    I order mine by the case. That shouldn't warrant a sales pitch, should it?

Good point!!

I am still curious though, since no one has yet to really answer. Is there a good quality oil i can pick up in wal-mart that will be a cheaper alternative to XPS, and will be just as safe to use?

Quote Originally Posted by 785xp View Post
    I have been running Amsoil HPI in my 1996 XP for 6 years now with premix. When I get a chance to pull the head and take pictures, I will post them. I order it by the case but if I run out when I am on a trip, I can pick it up at the local Canadian Tire. A big advantage over trying to find a Seadoo dealer especially on a Sunday.

I have also noticed that the Amsoil smokes way less than the XPS with the premix. The guys I ride with appreciate it when I am in a no wake zone.

No smoke would be nice!! I go through alot of no wake. And when there's no wind, the smoke tends to curl aroud and end up in my face and i hate it!! That alone tends to make me lean towards Amsoil!

Is the HPI the same as the Inteceptor?? Their site says the HPI is ment mainly for modern injection.
    Last edited by 1996XP; 07-08-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Stop Obama Express
    Good point!!

I am still curious though, since no one has yet to really answer. Is there a good quality oil i can pick up in wal-mart that will be a cheaper alternative to XPS, and will be just as safe to use?
    On the PWCtoday forum, alot of guys say they use the Pennzoil semi synthetic crap you buy at wal-mart without any problems. I havent used it but look into it.

Well after reading the spec on the interceptor oil on Amsoil's site. I went against everything i said in this thread, called my local rep, and decided to get it!

Thanks for all the help, sorry for flaking on yal so bad!! lol

+1
    Well after reading the spec on the interceptor oil on Amsoil's site. I went against everything i said in this thread, called my local rep, and decided to get it!

you didn't flake. You made an educated decision and everyone is entitled to that. Thats what this forum is about. discussion.......

+1

Why a rep? I've always gone direct and in two days it's at the house. 1-case ASL for the Z and Blazer and 1 or 2 cases AIT for the skis. Never had a hastle and the AIT is ~$30/gallon after 8.13% NYS tax, SH and membership....($24 for ASL)

Quote Originally Posted by steach View Post
    Why a rep? I've always gone direct and in two days it's at the house. 1-case ASL for the Z and Blazer and 1 or 2 cases AIT for the skis. Never had a hastle and the AIT is ~$30/gallon after 8.13% NYS tax, SH and membership....($24 for ASL)
    No real reason. FIgure i'll save a lil on shipping and it turns out there's a guy i work with that's a rep., so that helps a lil too

hi guys,

sorry to revive the thread but i haven't seen many option to the oil that can be used.

my cousin in-law just bought a 2000 gtx 951 millennium edition sea doo carb so we are looking for alternative oil to use, which seems to be scarce.

sea doo recommends their oil and states not to use the NMMA TC-W TC-WII OR TC-W3 oils. only thing i can find is their oil has API-TC in it. synthetic oil is this what i need to try find in a oil or what should i be looking for? we don't get the extreme cold here in south Africa also we don't get the amsoil interceptor oil either

some guy told him to use a castrol oil from a midas here but i dont see online what oil it is as the only 2 stroke i find in castrol is for bikes and not pwc or boats

thanks guys
    Last edited by Goku; 01-15-2021 at 12:30 AM.

OK so I've seem to have found an alter.

It's seems that the 2 stroke bikes use the same oil that hat the Apt tc in it. So if you use a good synthetic 2 stroke bike oil it works fine we have someone that is using the Castrol synthetic racing bike oil for a few years on his ski with no issues. It's also a 2000 gtx melenium edition 951 ski.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information