Thumbs up Theres More Than You Know !!!!

Even out here in Zona we have a few connections.I just thought I'd let you guys know that in 04' when the 1494cc 4-tec was introduced that it had been designed as a 350hp motor.When I was recently in Canada I was told that POWER is still there but it had been de-tuned for obvious reasons.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Just4fun View Post
    Even out here in Zona we have a few connections.I just thought I'd let you guys know that in 04' when the 1494cc 4-tec was introduced that it had been designed as a 350hp motor.When I was recently in Canada I was told that POWER is still there but it had been de-tuned for obvious reasons.
    I thought the 4-tech was intoduced in 02 model year?

Ed

I was just being specific to the RXP model as that is all I own.My fault,But still !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just4fun View Post
    Yeah... well my P-X for example. 255HP (mid-high 240s really) plus the ~60HP it takes to drive the supercharger is upwards of 300, so I would hope that the engine was designed to take 350HP or else modding these things isn't very safe.

I had a Ford Taurus SHO long ago (the 3.0L 5-speed one with the engine designed and built by Yamaha in Japan). That motor was originally designed to be a race motor capable of handling ~700HP.... of course they detuned it to 220HP@6900RPM or whatever RPM it's peak was at. There are people out there with those things supercharged with over 430HP at the crank (over 500 actually being generated) with not issues.

A GREAT motor looking for a car...

-=Mike G.

Thread Information