Noobie here, really need some help

I was out on my ski yesterday and everything was going fine. My friend had just come back and parked my ski and I jumped on it to go out and about 30 seconds into me being on it, it sounded like a bomb went off under me. Then the oil light came on and beeped and the ski shut off. I had checked the oil before I went out and it was fine. It blew a hole in the front of the engine and just kinda curious if anyone has heard of this before? I hope the warranty will cover this also.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey212 View Post
    I was out on my ski yesterday and everything was going fine. My friend had just come back and parked my ski and I jumped on it to go out and about 30 seconds into me being on it, it sounded like a bomb went off under me. Then the oil light came on and beeped and the ski shut off. I had checked the oil before I went out and it was fine. It blew a hole in the front of the engine and just kinda curious if anyone has heard of this before? I hope the warranty will cover this also.
    I beleive it. When you let a friend take your ski, they normally Ride it like they don’t own it!
    ... Ron

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like your timing chain broke. The loud noise was likely the sound from the timing chain smacking the inside of the front cover and breaking the aluminum -- just my guess. It could be something else, but either way, motor needs to come out.

Dont judge me...
    Did you let this guy ride it?
    REID2168 vbmenu_register("postmenu_349345", true);
    Steve (rides it like he STOLE it) Reid

If you have a warranty hopefully the will cover it I wouldn't touch it, get some pics of the carnage tho....

Define front of engine on a '05 RXP Sea Doo?. where is the hole located really?

its located near the gas tank about half way down. Looks like right below the head. Almost like it threw a rod.

its located near the gas tank about half way down. Looks like right below the head. Almost like it threw a rod.
    rod is my guess

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking also.

Thread Information