Page 172 of 185 FirstFirst ... 122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1846
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    A state of the art Cheeto making machine?

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    A state of the art Cheeto making machine?
    Mmmmmmmm Cheetos........I need to go buy another bag. You know I'm bringing them to every gathering from now on.

+1
    I knew it!!!! Very impressive Keith, but you should probably be more focused on getting your other skis up and running.....

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1
    379 days. That's how long it's been since we towed the MSX off the water in Sacanadaga. 78 days since we started pulling the machine apart!

Today the MSX 140 hit the water for the first time this season! And it ruuuuunnnnnnnssssssss......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by M447 View Post
    379 days. That's how long it's been since we towed the MSX off the water in Sacanadaga. 78 days since we started pulling the machine apart!

Today the MSX 140 hit the water for the first time this season! And it ruuuuunnnnnnnssssssss......
    Um, yeah, well, you know, life was kinda busy for a while there ...

I am also happy to see the MSX140 running again! Need some smoother water to properly break it in as WOT bursts caused speed launching off the waves and into the rev limiter in about four seconds. The power seems to be there again

2004 ride plate upgrade installed and everything was resealed. Stainless steel pump extension looks good with the SS 12-vane stator.

I measured all the pump wedges I had on hand and the MSX 140 currently has (by my calculations) a 6.5 degree wedge. Had to grind some metal off the bottom of the thick wedge and the stock exit nozzle to clear the 2004 ride plate. Maybe 1mm of clearance now, just enough to be sure the pump is not pressing on the plate.

The recently arrived Beerdart nylon water tube needed two 'spacer' o-rings at the front end to properly hold it into the nozzle fitting. Thanks Steve!

The EMM pisser seems to work well. Easy to see that water is indeed flowing, yet not a fire hose out the side of the hull. Unlike the main water jacket the EMM water flow barely gets warm.

Some minor extras to still complete. The newly installed bilge pump (not present in a stock MSX) is not yet wired. And I want to incorporate a Start button interlock so it will not crank if the engine is already running.

Today she was talking about adding running lights for dusk and early morning operation. How to make them look unobtrusive yet functional. LED, I presume?

In other news, my garage actually has some space now that the MSX stuff is mostly back together and on the trailer.

I also rejigged the jet pump on the 1200 engined SL900 (since it had 'borrowed' the MSX 140 pump) with another MSX 140 impeller and six vane SS stator. More importantly I reverse stacked two pump wedges together to reduce the wedge angle. Upside down 4 degree and right side up 5.5 degree, net is 1.5 degree wedge angle. Needed to shave the bottom of both wedges to clear the ride plate.

Adjusted the steering and trim rod ends to compensate for the stacked wedge thickness and the 'SL1200' is again water ready. Hopefully it will not porpoise so much at speed with the reduced wedge angle!

Didn't have our high quality camera with us today, so video is rather fuzzy and shaky...
    Last edited by K447; 05-10-2014 at 12:59 PM.

+1
    Ran into a 96 SLX at the lake yesterday. Guy was at the dock not looking too happy. Asked me if Polaris skis usually take water into the carbs. I looked at him kind of puzzled. Turns out they backed the ski in without the plug, filled up the engine compartment, realized the problem, drained the water out of the ski, and cranked it over trying to start it until the battery was near dead. I pulled the plugs and cranked a bunch of water/gas mix out of the cylinders. Kept going and going and going until the battery was dead. Let him know he needed to get home and right away fill thing with WD40, crank and drain, WD40 crank and drain, etc until all the water is out and you can get it to fire and run as it will rust very quickly.

The punchline - he was testing it out thinking about buying it. The owner wasn't there..........

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/boa/3205106749.html

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    See? That's why you should never sell things. Well, at least things that work!

Watch for price drop when owner finally figures out what happened!

+1
    .. he was testing it out thinking about buying it. The owner wasn't there.........
    I cannot imagine not being there when selling a watercraft (or anything else).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat View Post
    See? That's why you should never sell things.
    Interesting take on the moral of the story......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I cannot imagine not being there when selling a watercraft (or anything else).
    Intended moral of the story...

Page 172 of 185 FirstFirst ... 122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast

Thread Information