Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    +1
    too all those who e-mailed me with fax #'s, I am faxing now. I'll try that download when I get a chance IZZO, oh yea, theirs an extra digit in your fax#? resend your number to me, thanks

Chine Walker
    I'll head over to the fax. I'm the 516#

jp

+1
    Okay, I Think I Have Managed To Get This Bulletin Converted And Posted To Hulk. Thanks Izzo.
    Attached Files Attached Files

still kicking ass and taking names! Pale Rider's Avatar
    +1
    AH CRAP, mine`s in that lot, dammit...
    will I be getting a letter from the dealer or Yamaha?
    what` exactly corrodes?

Thank You Waveater.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 04-11-2008 at 04:04 PM.

+1
    Andy, Last year, the throttle cable on my 03 froze stiff after sitting for 6 months. I wd-40'd the crap out of it and worked it til it was free. But then it wouldnt start. After reading on here i figured the throttle bodies werent closed to idle.

Since i have the 06, I said screw the 03 and just mothballed it for the season. I bought a used cable on here. but never got around to installing it. The cable is frozen once again. Something isnt right in there.

From reading the bulletin jeff sent. Yamaha is serious about fixing them. But theyre only going to go as far as notifying people that are still under the 1 year factory or the y.e.s extended warranty.

They'll fix any 1300 that people bring in. but, it makes you wonder how many people that own ski's that are out of warranty will never know. Sounds alot like what happened with the 2003 pump shoe inserts. 5 years later and there are still ski's out there without the pump shoe bracket update.

I'll give dennis a call on monday at hamilton and see whats up as far as getting the 03 fixed. I havent had any problems with the 06 yet. As long as it doesnt give me any problems i'll just wait til the end of season to have that done.

I noticed with the cable where it splits into 2 that the plastic cylinders are slotted and they're not even seperated from each other. Thats just begging for a cable to get caught in a slot, or even a cable jump over into the other side and get bound up. Pretty crappy design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0411081809.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	66984   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0411081811.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	66985  

+1
    Hmmm it says they have to remove the exhaust. I wonder if i can get the dealer to install the d-plate and chip sitting in front of me

still kicking ass and taking names! Pale Rider's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Andy, Last year, the throttle cable on my 03 froze stiff after sitting for 6 months. I wd-40'd the crap out of it and worked it til it was free. But then it wouldnt start. After reading on here i figured the throttle bodies werent closed to idle.

Since i have the 06, I said screw the 03 and just mothballed it for the season. I bought a used cable on here. but never got around to installing it. The cable is frozen once again. Something isnt right in there.

From reading the bulletin jeff sent. Yamaha is serious about fixing them. But theyre only going to go as far as notifying people that are still under the 1 year factory or the y.e.s extended warranty.

They'll fix any 1300 that people bring in. but, it makes you wonder how many people that own ski's that are out of warranty will never know. Sounds alot like what happened with the 2003 pump shoe inserts. 5 years later and there are still ski's out there without the pump shoe bracket update.

I'll give dennis a call on monday at hamilton and see whats up as far as getting the 03 fixed. I havent had any problems with the 06 yet. As long as it doesnt give me any problems i'll just wait til the end of season to have that done.

I noticed with the cable where it splits into 2 that the plastic cylinders are slotted and they're not even seperated from each other. Thats just begging for a cable to get caught in a slot, or even a cable jump over into the other side and get bound up. Pretty crappy design.
    Thanks for the info Kami!
    I read some of the recall, def entails some work...

i did my first one yeasterday
    wow what a pia
    entire ehxaust(pipe and stinger)throttle bodys,and air box
    i wouldnt have a prob putting in a d plate for ya while im in there
    jason

+1

Additional Info

HERE IS A DESCRIPTION OF THE ISSUE POSTED AT YAMAHA'S DEALER SIGHT.

Recall announced on GP1300 and VX1100 WaveRunner Watercraft

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. has determined that a possible defect which relates to safety may exist in all 2003 through 2007 and certain 2008 model GP1300 (GP1300R) WaveRunners and also in all 2005 through 2007 and certain 2008 model VX1100 (VX) WaveRunners. In the affected units, there is a possibility that the outer throttle cable could corrode and become cracked or kinked. If the outer cable is damaged in this way, it could cause the inner cable (throttle wire) to fray over time from wear. If the frayed inner cable catches on the damaged outer cable, throttle movement can be increasingly impaired which may eventually lead to the throttle being incapable of returning to the idle position. This could result in an accident with the potential of personal injury or death to the operator, passenger, or bystanders.

To correct this possible defect, Yamaha is initiating a Factory Modification Campaign. Watercraft in the affected range must have the throttle cable replaced with one of a new material.

Yamaha is notifying all registered owners of affected units by first class mail and will send Technical Bulletin WR2008-001A, dated April 10, 2008, to all authorized Yamaha WaveRunner dealers with the necessary information.

It is a violation of Yamaha policy for a dealership to deliver any affected WaveRunner to customers until the procedures in the applicable recall bulletin are performed.

+1
    I'm suprised about this recall. I can't remeber any discussions about failed throttle cables. I have 400 hours on my '03 and it's never given me a problem. I'm curious too about the part number given in the recall. It lists old and new part numbers on page 12 and they do not match the part number for the throttle cable on boats.net.
    I wonder if my dealer will give me a new cable for me to install. I don't like anybody working under my seat besides me.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information