Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    It all depends on hull setup. Guys that know these hulls inside out like Duke and Billie get incredible #'s out of them. guys like me get average #'s. the more time you put into testing your individual setup, the faster you will be. These are not seadoos. there's alot more to it than throwing boost at it and hoping for the best.
    $

+10

I had a call yesterday from i guy i have no idea who he was wanted to ask me a few question and i am always happy to answer and help i am black and white will tell u what i know with no secrets but unless you do the basic forget it.

One thing i kept getting back to was you can throw $100 or $10000 at it UNLESS YOU SPEND TIME UNDER THE SKI IT WON T GO i see guys buy every part available and still stuck at stock speeds. Its so important and thank to allot of forum member that have shared the info is all i can say.

+1

gprxp done bring it

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Its all about how you set the boat up. My conversion has gone 89+ with a stock X charger and 1200 grate, 91.7 with a Rude 1 and over 94 with a race charger all in hot air and setup to handle. A 68-140 or 2Rude should have no problem running lower 90s.
    Duke I got a 68-140 and i like it.Question I just got a new rude 3 and a 9000 rpm computer also.What set up do you think will work better ,also got a riva computer.Dont know what to do or where to begin all i know is that im buying shit like crazy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by papafever View Post
    Duke I got a 68-140 and i like it.Question I just got a new rude 3 and a 9000 rpm computer also.What set up do you think will work better ,also got a riva computer.Dont know what to do or where to begin all i know is that im buying shit like crazy.
    I really like the flexablity of the 9k Les reflash. The 68-140 will make 17-18 pounds of boost if you push it to the limit of the ECU and last forever like the 2Rude. They (ECU) can be a little tricky on fueling but with the BEGI are great and I use the Rude Fuel controller to trim.

The Rude 3 is the bomb and will make 19+pounds at 9k and less heat then the ET Race. Ran my boat to 94 with the R3 and the drag setup with single bar grate. I'm working on a few oil mods to increase cooling but they are great the way they are.

I like the Riva ECU for the RXPs but they are just too limited for our conversions. The design of our GPR hulls need a wider rpm range IMO. Its just to hard to limit it to 8600.

+1

gprxp tuning stage

I really like the flexablity of the 9k Les reflash. The 68-140 will make 17-18 pounds of boost if you push it to the limit of the ECU and last forever like the 2Rude. They (ECU) can be a little tricky on fueling but with the BEGI are great and I use the Rude Fuel controller to trim.

The Rude 3 is the bomb and will make 19+pounds at 9k and less heat then the ET Race. Ran my boat to 94 with the R3 and the drag setup with single bar grate. I'm working on a few oil mods to increase cooling but they are great the way they are.

I like the Riva ECU for the RXPs but they are just too limited for our conversions. The design of our GPR hulls need a wider rpm range IMO. Its just to hard to limit it to 8600.
    Thanks a lot duke ill see what i do here.I wish you were closer here so could help me with this project.I got the money but dont have the time.Ill see if cant put this thing running before the summer starts.Thank you again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by papafever View Post
    Thanks a lot duke ill see what i do here.I wish you were closer here so could help me with this project.I got the money but dont have the time.Ill see if cant put this thing running before the summer starts.Thank you again.
    Can make a trip down in Feb if you want to get things lined up.

+1

gprxp tuning stage

Can make a trip down in Feb if you want to get things lined up.
    That sounds good to me, just let me know a date and i can set up everything you need.thanks.

+1

gprxp tuning stage

Hey duke i just bought my friends gpsho I just got home went to try it but could not go fast its night time.Im getting a motec tomorrow from a guy thats selling his fzr and is giving me the motec for a steal price and spring,retainers for the valves.Im installing tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    $

+10

I had a call yesterday from i guy i have no idea who he was wanted to ask me a few question and i am always happy to answer and help i am black and white will tell u what i know with no secrets but unless you do the basic forget it.

One thing i kept getting back to was you can throw $100 or $10000 at it UNLESS YOU SPEND TIME UNDER THE SKI IT WON T GO i see guys buy every part available and still stuck at stock speeds. Its so important and thank to allot of forum member that have shared the info is all i can say.

Mike hits the nail on the head perfectly. He is an artist himself in this area. WELL SAID..!!!

Soooooooooo much wasted money and power out there on Skis badly set-up.

Intake grates can shave speed off startlingly on RXPs too. Niggly electrics can stifle speed, and dirty Coil noses affect more than one can imagine. Keep 'em clean and dry at all costs. One I have noticed more than normal is throttles not opening fully when pinned back... epidemic stage at the moment.

I know of no one more clued-up than Mike under the GP hull..... I watched him recently.... I just was the tea boy.... period.

The conversions are a finely tuned machine.

+1
    Shodude's conversion- GPR hull, Stock SHO motor, E1 Riva wheel, Type 3 I/C, modded 1200 grate, 15-25 pitch DF, stock pump, Shimmed tabs and shimmed R&D rideplate. 96.8 @ 8700 rpms

+1

gprxp done bring it

That is a fast machine there Congrats duke for the great work and to shodude enjoy the new toy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information