Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Special for GH
    John

+1
    A little not do not skip on packaging or protection. Always err on the side of more is better. If it gets there broken who wins if you saved $5 buucks on the shipping.
    John

As I stated before as did John..make sure it's over packaged!! It can never be to much.

Trust me I see everything imaginable come through and how easily it gets damaged because they skimped on packaging. Make sure you take your time and make it good.

-Jon

+1
    Cool thanks guys!

+1

GPR GP1200R Crate Motor Pallet Plastic Truck Box

yup, 150 lbs. I've shipped 3 motor in the past. The most recent one was 172 lbs with crating and everything. I used RL Carriers on all the shipping.
    I had pallets under all the shipments so it is easy for them to tote around wiht their pallet jack.
    I have also seen s motorcycle motor shipped in a plastic truck box too. Lowe's has those hard rigid plastic tool boxes cheap and you can stuff the area around the motor with boxes and towels to keep it form moving around. You can also screw the truck box down to the pallet to keep it from moving around. Those plastic storage boxes are only like 50-60 bux. I have one on the front of my trailer to hold my life vests. and was 49.99 at Lowes.

Use this and bolt it to a pallet. I've seen a motorcyle motor done that way.

Last edited by RX951; 02-23-2008 at 04:28 PM.

+1
    Great Idea and the guy that gets the motor gets a good storage box too. I will remember that one. Be sure that you use the correct class for motors. cls 70 in a crate or 85 not in crate. Doesn't matter if on a pallet or not.
    John

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Great Idea and the guy that gets the motor gets a good storage box too. I will remember that one. Be sure that you use the correct class for motors. cls 70 in a crate or 85 not in crate. Doesn't matter if on a pallet or not.
    John
    You are correct about the class. +1.
    also, Those plastic storage boxes are so sturdy and rugged, and for 50.00, its not worth my time building a box..... imho

+1
    i had a tranny shipped to me in one of thouse big rubber maid container the got used steel bands around to help support it and keep the top closed.to keep it from moving around inside he cut up card board boxes and keeped wedging them in till it couldnt move.

+1
    Great idea. The important thing about shipping is not neccasarily the company you send it with but how well you pack it. Remember the guys that handle your luggae at the airlines. Think worse. If you cannot drop your box on any corner from at leat 18 inches then it will not make it.
    John

I will be packing the stuff for Zrtman...the motor,carbs, msd, are in a regular Tupperware container for now....it fits in there tight and cannot move around but there is no room on the sides for packing....so I will be doing something different....I am wondering if I can find a larger container, more rigid even, that I could drop this tupperware container into and pack stuffing around it....double boxed sort of....

I might simply just go to Lowe's or Walmart and find a larger and more rigid container to pack the motor, carbs, msd in...as you guys have suggested...

If I understand correctly don't one of you 'ship' items....could I get a phone number through PM and get an estimate of this stuff packed up RIGHT, hopefully on a pallett if you do that, it would be at my business with both fork-lift and loading dock, I just need a carrier to show up! You sounded like a pretty damn good deal from what I have read!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information