Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Can you imagine this on your ski Steve !
    It would be sick for sure.... It would have extreme performance potential. Now whether you would want to hold the throttle down long on it is another story

Whats a 4stroke motor that would fit into the GPR hull ( without doing anything too crazy like converting car engines) is very efficient with decent bottom end torque? 150hp will push it 100mph, so think of one that would exploit its efficiency with terrific mileage , reliability and range.

Would the 160 FX fit that requirement? That would be a conversion that should be considered. Imagine the range on that.

I feel the advantage of the RXP supercharge engine in my setup is that you have great arm ripping acceleration from go... My 2strokee is weak out of gate unless you make the prop ventilate, but then as rpms increase and its on plane, it streaks off like a banshee. With a 4stroke, you can set the powercurve to have big hit on the bottom

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUNWME View Post
    It would be sick for sure.... It would have extreme performance potential. Now whether you would want to hold the throttle down long on it is another story

Whats a 4stroke motor that would fit into the GPR hull ( without doing anything too crazy like converting car engines) is very efficient with decent bottom end torque? 150hp will push it 100mph, so think of one that would exploit its efficiency with terrific mileage , reliability and range.

Would the 160 FX fit that requirement? That would be a conversion that should be considered. Imagine the range on that.

I feel the advantage of the RXP supercharge engine in my setup is that you have great arm ripping acceleration from go... My 2strokee is weak out of gate unless you make the prop ventilate, but then as rpms increase and its on plane, it streaks off like a banshee. With a 4stroke, you can set the powercurve to have big hit on the bottom
    I would think the 160fx motor would allow you to have great gas milage! I know someone with one and he never has to worry about being out of gas. I will be on the buzzer from a days ride and he will be going and going.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    I would think the 160fx motor would allow you to have great gas milage! I know someone with one and he never has to worry about being out of gas. I will be on the buzzer from a days ride and he will be going and going.
    I'm thinking the same thing... 160 hp should push you in upper 90s minimum for speed runs, but the best part is it would burn so little fuel compared to conventional setups its that the savings would be terrific.

btw.... I appreciate your support in the other thread

What happened to your poll?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUNWME View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing... 160 hp should push you in upper 90s minimum for speed runs, but the best part is it would burn so little fuel compared to conventional setups its that the savings would be terrific.

btw.... I appreciate your support in the other thread
    Your welcome! I got your back!

Either way I wanna hear about you running the fastest guy at the bug.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Banks93 View Post
    What happened to your poll?
    click here
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...643#post600643

Way to take the high road but I think you should still run.

+1
    Thank you, Next year if there are classes, they may be setup differently, but i really do feel like when unlimited class was put together, no one even considered this conversion and how fast it would be. (not even me) Had it been in the discussion at the time, and we still called it unlimited, then I would feel slighted about not running because my speeds are so high. Since it wasn't, there is enough grey area that I say.. ok.. you have a point.. now lets move forward

I really am over it and feel confident in a few days all the contraversary will blow over and everything will be cool again.

I kinda look at it like this.... Most didnt want me to run because I was so fast and they felt like the efficiency of my setup had an unfair advantage.... when I think about it....thats really a compliment to my build

+1
    "I kinda look at it like this.... Most didnt want me to run because I was so fast and they felt like the efficiency of my setup had an unfair advantage.... when I think about it....thats really a compliment to my build"

In the racing world, that is the most sincere form of flattery

+1

Thumbs up My friend David Bunn !

David is a true first class person! This is exactly why I am proud to be assocated with David and have him as a member of Fountain Boys Racing, Tommy Jordan

Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread Information