Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    You are different than most in that you truly act globally. You can change the world!

So, continue acting globally but ride locally, ie Puget Sound. I hear AK Mike will be stopping by to say hi in a few weeks, so I'll ask him to continue pressing the case.
    Yeah there are definite heroes amongst us, I would love to meet up with Ak Mike in fact I used 2 of his pictures in my presentation in Japan. The Japanese Coast Guard was there, so they are soul brothers. Pugent Sound is beautiful...I have a few training requests up in that region, so perhaps this summer I'll be doing a travel tour for classes heading north.
    I'm not sure however. At this pace, I'm going to need a break to recoup.

I like that you can change the world idea....even if it's within a family, or within the PWC community, its just a choice. I like what AK Mike has presented on this thread, it's not shallow, it has 'bite' to it if anyone chooses to be more responsible and to take a step further in their responsible use of PWC operations, they will read his postings and others with like minds, to be better or richer stewards of our boating experience.

Even at home with our loved ones, or at work, all of this stuff written here can translate into better communication values.

Nothing wrong with that!

+1
    K38 Japan-First Training Course

K38 provides Rescue Water Craft Training with the Support of the Marine Sports Foundation

MARIS Suported Training
    Thank you Marine Sports Foundation!

The K38 Way of Training was on it's inagural launch in Japan. 2008 shows promise as students registered to take the 3 day training course, with less than favorable weather conditions. True to the Japanese spirit, not one student complained about the cold, all were focused and patient with the language translations.

Pisu picks up Shawn in Training Drill

The inagural training program was a success based off of the student participation and with support from Maris. Bombardier supported the training program with Sea Doo's for our training boats. The program focused on technical handling skills, which is easier said than actually done.

K38 Students PIsu and Kazu sandwiched Shawn after last day of class

Students took notes, watched training movies, an enjoyed group lectures that focused on successful use of the RWC for technical applications in field work. Confined spaces and tight quarters manuevering challenged their ability and familiarity with the craft. Rescue Boards were used on the 3rd and final day of training.

Simon Rogers translates for Shawn to Class

Students role played as rescuers, operators and patients throughout various skill building sets that allowed them to first become accomplished with their slow speed operations. As their comfort level rose, the skill sets increased. I really enjoyed being in group with this class, they were great people to work with and we shared a lot of humor despite that there was a significant language barrier.

Lifesaving is an international Language!

K38 Students on Recovery Drill

I want to personally thank Maris, the K38 Instructors, Simon Rogers for his difficult task of not only translation but teaching, and the students for having the desire to continue with their boating education.

Simon and Shawn on RWC Pre and Post Operations Check

K38 Japan Rescue Board Drill Sets

Class is over, 6:15pm. Hellwoman is off duty!

http://www.zimbio.com/K38+JAPAN/articles/16/K38+Japan+First+Training+Course

+1
    North Myrtle Beach Patrol Officers complete personal watercraft training
    PermaLink By Nicole Aiello, PIO City of North Myrtle Beach

North Myrtle Beach, March 13, 2008
    -- The City of North Myrtle Beach’s Beach Patrol officers completed personal watercraft (PWC) training last week, becoming the only PWC rescue technician instructors along the East Coast who were certified by Rescue Training International (RTI).

Beach Patrol’s six officers completed training on personal watercraft last week with RTI instructors.

Beach Patrol officers executed training exercises on driving and navigation skills, craft mechanics, rough surf drills, rip current rescues, deploying and retrieving rescue swimmers, multiple boat rescues, victim towing and more. Training took place on the Intracoastal Waterway, the Atlantic Ocean and in the classroom. Five of the City’s head lifeguards also were certified with RTI as PWC rescue technicians.

North Myrtle Beach currently has two designated areas certified with RTI as PWC training sites – the Intracoastal Waterway north of the Causey Boat Landing and the Atlantic Ocean at 7th Avenue South.

The RTI training is in addition to the United States Lifeguard Association and American Red Cross training Beach Patrol.

All North Myrtle Beach lifeguards participate in the RTI training, making them skilled and highly qualified to protect North Myrtle Beach’s residents and visitors.

Rescue Training International Inc. is a search and rescue company based in New Braunfels, Texas. Instructors with RTI teach, among other things, water rescue, awareness and operations; flood rescue, awareness and operations; swift-water rescue, awareness and operations; and lake, boat, PWC and surf rescue.

RTI has courses in Norway, Brazil, Scandinavia, Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Japan, and the United States.

As of this date, RTI has trained over 16 thousand people in rescue techniques.

http://www.northmyrtlebeachonline.com/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=1241

+1
    Seven people rescued from river Monday night

LOANED PHOTO
    FOUR AGENCIES rescued group of people stranded Monday night in Colorado River.FROM STAFF REPORTS

March 11, 2008 - 9:47AM

Emergency crews from four agencies rescued a group of people stranded Monday night on a sand bar in the middle of the Colorado River.

Four adults and three children, all of whom were uninjured, became stranded after their blow-up rafts and inner tubes began to leak, according to Mike Erfert with City of Yuma Fire Department.

The group, which included a toddler, were stranded in the East Wetlands about 2 miles east of the Ocean-to-Ocean Bridge.

In addition to YFD other responding agencies included Yuma County Sheriff's Office, Yuma Police Department, and the U.S. Border Patrol. The fire department's Swift Water Rescue Team was deployed.

YFD personal watercraft and a Border Patrol boat were used to bring the people to Gateway Park.

Erfert said it took rescuers about an hour to locate the group and get everyone to safety.

http://www.yumasun.com/news/monday_40292___article.html/night_people.html

+1
    3 crews help rescue 6 who capsized off Diamond Head

Advertiser Staff

Rescue crews with the U.S. Coast Guard, Honolulu Fire Department and City and County of Honolulu Ocean Safety Division made a dramatic rescue today off Diamond Head.

Coast Guard crews aboard a C-130 search plane, HH-65 Dolphin helicopter and 47-foot motor lifeboat teamed with HFD crews aboard the HFD Fire 1 helicopter and HFD small boat, and Ocean Safety rescue personnel aboard the Rescue 1 jet ski to successfully bring six people to shore from the capsized 30-foot catamaran Manju.

The Manju was racing from Maui to O'ahu when the boat capsized a half-mile from shore near the Suicides surf spot off Diamond Head, just 'ewa of the Diamond Head buoy. A bystander at the Diamond Head lookout called the Coast Guard from a cell phone at 12:03 p.m. and then called 911.

Two Ocean Safety Rescue 1 jet ski lifeguards worked with HFD small boat crews to transfer the six people to the Coast Guard 47-footer. The HFD's Fire 1 remained overhead to supervise the transfer.

All six persons were taken to the Ala Wai Boat Harbor by 2:33 p.m.
    No injuries were reported.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...001/BREAKING01

+1
    Coast Guard searching for kayaker off Kauai
    Advertiser Staff

A Coast Guard Rescue helicopter crew planned to search throughout the night last night for a Kalaheo man who went missing while kayaking at Po'ipu Beach, Kaua'i.
    His wife, who told rescuers she saw him go under the waves, was rescued and hospitalized.
    Kaua'i Fire Department dispatch called the Coast Guard, at 3:25 p.m. yesterday, to help aid in the search for the missing kayaker after having rescued his wife. The missing man's kayak was found at Po'ipu Beach, said Petty Officer Angela Henderson. The man and his wife, both 36, had been kayaking in the area when they ran into difficulty after the wind picked up, said Kaua'i County spokeswoman Mary Daubert.
    Police dispatch received a call at around 2:38 p.m. about a kayaker in distress near Whaler's Cove, Daubert said.
    Firefighters from the Koloa fire station, lifeguards from Po'ipu Beach and Air-1 were the first to respond. Air-1 spotted a kayak and the woman about 400 yards offshore near The Beach House Restaurant and radioed the Fire Department.
    Two lifeguards rode out on a jet ski and brought her to shore at around 3:15 p.m., Daubert said.
    The woman told the lifeguards that she saw her husband just before he went under.
    Coast Guard rescue crews from Air Station Barbers Point and Station Kaua'i arrived on-scene at 4:15 p.m. and joined the search with a 25-foot boat and the helicopter.
    The woman was being treated at Wilcox Hospital.
    Search crews found her husband's kayak. The Kaua'i Fire Department planned to resume its search at daybreak today.
    Anyone with information that could help the search, should call the Coast Guard at 808-842-2600.
    .topix_commentLink a { font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana !important; font-size: 9pt !important; font-weight: bold !important; color: #990000 !important; } .topix_commentLink a:hover { font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana !important; font-size: 9pt !important; font-weight: bold !important; color: #003366 !important; } .topix_postform { padding: 4px !important; } .topix_postform .headerText { font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana !important; font-size: 8pt !important; font-weight: normal !important; color: #333333 !important; } .topix_postform .fieldHeader { font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana !important; font-size: 9pt !important; font-weight: bold !important; } .topix_postform .fieldHeader .explanatorytext { font-size: 1px !important; font-weight: normal !important; color: #ffffff !important; visibility: hidden !important; } .topix_postform .fieldContent { font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana !important; font-size: 9pt !important; } .topix_postform .fieldContent a:hover { color: #003366 !important; } .topix_postform .captchaText { display: block !important; width: 130px !important; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana !important; font-size: 8pt !important; font-weight: normal !important; color: #333333 !important; } .topix_postform .disclaimerText { display: block !important; margin-bottom: -75px !important; padding-bottom: -75px !important; visibility: hidden !important; }

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080316/NEWS01/803160355/1190/NEWS01

last week there was an incident in Crpinteria where a boat broke loose out of mooring due to high winds and surf. I was eating din din when I overheard it at the news. story goes.....boat broke loose, somebody called the owner, owner shows up saw the boat floating around headed south ventura, owner take off clothes, swam towards boat chasing after it. moments later, coast guard, fire department, harbor patrol was invovled in a search. The last thing I heard was they found the man's clothes, the boat ended up on the beach and the owner is still missing.what really got my attention is.....the news anouncer mentioning a Jet Ski being used as a search and rescue equipment. When I heard that I.......smiled and thought of Shawn Alladio, That's my girl!!, it was hard to smile and try to eat my steak

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn alladio View Post
    46 Year Old Female:
    My first hit was 0.421
    second 0.328
    third 0.328
    fourth 0.328
    fifth 0.313
    My final reaction time was: 0.3436
    http://getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html
    48 Year Old Male
    My first hit was 0.31
    second 0.4
    third 0.271
    fourth 0.24
    fifth 0.27
    My final reaction time was: 0.2982

I guess not to bad since it is St Paddies day

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    You know me I'm always looking at the safety stuff
    When I sail to AZ I set my sites toward the Phoenix gang LOL
    Happy St Patrick's Day

Quote Originally Posted by pirate33 View Post
    You know me I'm always looking at the safety stuff
    When I sail to AZ I set my sites toward the Phoenix gang LOL
    Happy St Patrick's Day
    You too my Brother. You have Jammer 1's respect 200% and more...it's rare that I come across a true breed racer......but there's always a time in your life before you close your eyes, I saw 2 good racer that day.....YOU and the BEAUTY!.....she will not only turn heads.....but rip them off....you guys just need a faster boat.......Jammer 1

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information