Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    I noticed an oil sheen on the driveway Dash when I flushed it, that was the first indication something wasn't right.....then when I went riding, I noticed an oil sheen behind me that was pretty obvious, rainbow and all.....then later I checked my dipstick and I was on the lower end of the marks. I then decided to have my wife tow me back to save/prevent any damage to the motor. Went home, did some troubleshooting as described in this post and found it was my oil cooler.
    Are you running any kind of restrictor in the water hose leading to the oil cooler? I've been running a 4 to 5mm reducer just before the oil cooler inlet and make sure there is at least a 3/8" dump line on the exit side of cooler. They were only meant to take about 15lbs water pressure max from the factory. This also helps oil temps climb to a better degree as well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Are you running any kind of restrictor in the water hose leading to the oil cooler? I've been running a 4 to 5mm reducer just before the oil cooler inlet and make sure there is at least a 3/8" dump line on the exit side of cooler. They were only meant to take about 15lbs water pressure max from the factory. This also helps oil temps climb to a better degree as well.

No, I need to look into a restrictor if thats current practice. I will look into this this weekend. The exit of the cooler is going to the 2:00 exit on the transom plate. The outlet from the top of my head, goes to the oil cooler. If I restrict the inlet to the cooler (outlet from head), I will need to make sure I "T" just before the cooler. That way I don't pressure up the block.

but, I Will say, the water supply to the block, head, oil cooler is restricted about 50% from a ballvalve.
    The water inlet/supply is T'd off to my motor. Its restricted with a ball valve to the block/water pump plate.
    The other side of the T goes to the intercooler>exaust manifold>J-pipe, then dumps overboard.

Looking at my water pressure guage, at WOT, I only see about 5-7lbs at most....its a mechanicle/analog guage with capillary tubing...Its getting pressure tap from the water pump plate. I 'T'd' my water supply to help reduce the pressure. I did not give the motor/head and intercooler/ex manifold separate water supply lines.

+1
    No, I need to look into a restrictor if thats current practice. I will look into this this weekend. The exit of the cooler is going to the 2:00 exit on the transom plate. The outlet from the top of my head, goes to the oil cooler. If I restrict the inlet to the cooler (outlet from head), I will need to make sure I "T" just before the cooler. That way I don't pressure up the block.

but, I Will say, the water supply to the block, head, oil cooler is restricted about 50% from a ballvalve.
    The water inlet/supply is T'd off to my motor. Its restricted with a ball valve to the block/water pump plate.
    The other side of the T goes to the intercooler>exaust manifold>J-pipe, then dumps overboard.

Looking at my water pressure guage, at WOT, I only see about 5-7lbs at most....its a mechanicle/analog guage with capillary tubing...Its getting pressure tap from the water pump plate. I 'T'd' my water supply to help reduce the pressure. I did not give the motor/head and intercooler/ex manifold separate water supply lines.
    I've just been running a T off the hot side of the exhaust manifold and running it over to the oil cooler with a restrictor before entering and then out one of the OEM yami side pissers. This also helps heat the oil up on a cold motor.

Also if useing an external IC it makes it easier to use the outlet side as a water manifold distribution are but when running the stock one its not as easy. I try to get as much water through the IC without a ball valve or restictor unless needed and then split everything up after that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I've just been running a T off the hot side of the exhaust manifold and running it over to the oil cooler with a restrictor before entering and then out one of the OEM yami side pissers. This also helps heat the oil up on a cold motor.

Also if useing an external IC it makes it easier to use the outlet side as a water manifold distribution are but when running the stock one its not as easy. I try to get as much water through the IC without a ball valve or restictor unless needed and then split everything up after that.
    yeah, I'm running OEM intercooler. WFO mentioned that as well on taking hot water from the hot side of the exhaust to go to the oil exchanger. In actuality, its an oil heater for an open loop ski eh! not an oil cooler?....lol

Oh, I do run most of the flow thru the (left side) inercooler/ex man/j-pipe....the (right side) motor/head/oil exchanger is ball valved

If I send hot water from the bottom of the j-pipe to the oil exchanger, I need to dump the head overboard.

+1
    Ran like a champ today. 81.8 mph, 100 degree heat today, 1200 grate, 7800rpm
    Felt great to get out

+1
    Ran like a champ today. 81.8 mph, 100 degree heat today, 1200 grate, 7800rpm
    Felt great to get out
    Nice!! I guess it runs 81XX @ 83+mph in the cool weather?

+1
    Yes, actually closer to 8020-8060rpms in cool weather with an 87 nozzle. I could probably depitch and get some more rpms back as well.
    This gulf coast Texas heat sucks the rpms out of engines.

+1

+1

Looking good.

+1
    Billi that's my ski stop teasing all these other guys

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast

Thread Information