Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60
  1. #51
    Alex The Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
    I think it is expensive, but in the long run, for the speed freaks, its probably more cost effective than sinking an unlimited amount of cash to go fast. I am not one for bandwagon jumping, but I do like the uniqueness of the craft, and the horsepower makes me curious, but I am leaning more towards an RXT-X or SHO to complement my GPR. not that I wouldn't buy an HSR, I am more comfortable in a well established unit, with a worldwide company backing the product such as Yamaha.

    I would really like to see the top speed of the race edition to see how efficient that horsepower is being utilized by a combo of hull and pump technologies.


    thats how i feel... except i prefer Seadoo over Yamaha (but im not bashing Yamahas there are nice) just my preference is Seadoo..... if you are ALL about speed than maybe these are for you. Me, well hell yeah i like speed and performance but like dogger said, i will stick with Seadoo becasue they are established and are in my opinion, more reliable from what ive heard about HSR. PLus $25k or more is a $hit load to buy a ski for... it might not be overpriced for what you are getting, but it is well past my budget

  2. #52
    the franchise dogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Panhandle
    Posts
    574
    I am not a fanboy of yamaha, I do like seadoos and kawasaki too, in fact I am looking at the RXT-X vs the SHO as my next ski this spring. If you take a look at the HSR as a drag racer, if they put the right design into the hull technology and pump efficiency, then that 342hp would produce a wicked ski with an arm ripping acceleration, and with a steep screw in an effective pump, I am sure it would produce a nasty top speed. Lets say that ski hit say, 80 off the showroom floor. Consider the cost of an RXP and all the testing and mods you would need to hit 80 on that ski. I would safely say that most of the really fast doo guys have a good 20 to 30k invested in their boats right now, and although they are exceeding the 80 mark, something tells me that the HSR would be conservative at 80 pending a test. With the right hull deisgn and pump, raw horsepower would propel that ski to insane numbers using a steeeper impeller because of the overall hp that can turn it.

    So if your into speeds, and drag racing, then maybe, the HSR at $25k isnt really that bad of a choice if your overall goals are to go as fast as possible, as long as the hull and pump have as much technology into it as shoehorning that motor into the hull.

  3. #53
    Alex The Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    945
    well its not overpriced for what you get but it is alot of moo-la.... i would only consider it if you want to go as fast as possible or you race

  4. #54
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,334
    +1
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
    I am not a fanboy of yamaha, I do like seadoos and kawasaki too, in fact I am looking at the RXT-X vs the SHO as my next ski this spring. If you take a look at the HSR as a drag racer, if they put the right design into the hull technology and pump efficiency, then that 342hp would produce a wicked ski with an arm ripping acceleration, and with a steep screw in an effective pump, I am sure it would produce a nasty top speed. Lets say that ski hit say, 80 off the showroom floor. Consider the cost of an RXP and all the testing and mods you would need to hit 80 on that ski. I would safely say that most of the really fast doo guys have a good 20 to 30k invested in their boats right now, and although they are exceeding the 80 mark, something tells me that the HSR would be conservative at 80 pending a test. With the right hull deisgn and pump, raw horsepower would propel that ski to insane numbers using a steeeper impeller because of the overall hp that can turn it.

    So if your into speeds, and drag racing, then maybe, the HSR at $25k isnt really that bad of a choice if your overall goals are to go as fast as possible, as long as the hull and pump have as much technology into it as shoehorning that motor into the hull.
    I'm pretty sure you can have an 80 mph RXP for around $6,000 in parts add that to the $9,000 sticker for the ski. That puts you around $15,000.

  5. #55
    the franchise dogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Panhandle
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can have an 80 mph RXP for around $6,000 in parts add that to the $9,000 sticker for the ski. That puts you around $15,000.
    2008 RXP 215 = $11,599
    Riva Stage 3 = $6388
    riva rear intake = $399
    Pihrana IC = $875
    Rotax Cam = $1702
    15/20R = $299
    Thru hull Exhaust = $249
    Shorty box = 255

    $21766 prices are thru Greenhulk.

    Not to mention the little stuff that adds up in between that I didnt list, plus shipping, tax, installation, etc, which is also part of the investment..

    81.8 mph @ 8580 rpm, RXP Steve, 2006 RXP, Stage 3+, rider 200 lbs,
    full tank of fuel, Riva rear intake, full stage 3, Pirhana I/C and thru hull exhaust, rotax racing cam, shorty box, 15/20r prop untouched with 82mm ring, free mods.

    So to pay 25K for a ski that already does 80+ is not all that crazy. I wasnt saying anything either way, just that it was about the same investment, give or take. It was just to paint a realistic picture thats all. Not to mention, that I read that the HSR ski does upwards of 85+, true or not, who knows. I would be happy with an RXP, or an SHO, I personally would see hitting 80 as an accomplishment I would rather work towards, instead of buy that way.

  6. #56
    Alex The Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    945
    but you could easily find a leftover 07 or even 06/05 and save a few thousand.... you could probably make one for about 18k... which 25-18 is 7k which you could find a used 05 for that..

  7. #57
    HORSEPOWER JUNKIE 9secZO6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Belle Chasse, La.
    Posts
    1,950
    +1
    1
    yeah, the hsr is priced as high as giraffe meat, but show me 85mph on 1 w/ no more than a prop and pitch...... count me in, all 25,000 times

  8. #58
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,334
    +1
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
    2008 RXP 215 = $11,599
    Riva Stage 3 = $6388
    riva rear intake = $399
    Pihrana IC = $875
    Rotax Cam = $1702
    15/20R = $299
    Thru hull Exhaust = $249
    Shorty box = 255

    $21766 prices are thru Greenhulk.
    First off, anyone that pays $11,599 for a standard RXP should be kicked in the nuts . 10K OTD max. As someone else said you can also buy a brand new left over for around $8800.

    Next, if you buy a full RIVA S3 kit you should also be kicked in the nuts .
    Rude charger, intercooler, prop, air intake, injectors, ECU, grate, nozzles, etc and the little things like you said. The Rude, intercooler, and ecu are your big ticket items and those can be had for well under $4,000 depending if you buy something slightly used.

    I think when Careys (jerrys wife) ski was running around 82 mph jerry said he had around $16k in it. not postive though.

    also with the new ride plate mods coming out from speed freaks you may be able to hit 80 with less mods and less money.

    this is all assuming you go SC and not turbo. I would love to see a turbo rxp eat one of these new HSR thingys for dinner.

  9. #59
    the franchise dogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Panhandle
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    First off, anyone that pays $11,599 for a standard RXP should be kicked in the nuts . 10K OTD max. As someone else said you can also buy a brand new left over for around $8800.

    Next, if you buy a full RIVA S3 kit you should also be kicked in the nuts .
    Rude charger, intercooler, prop, air intake, injectors, ECU, grate, nozzles, etc and the little things like you said. The Rude, intercooler, and ecu are your big ticket items and those can be had for well under $4,000 depending if you buy something slightly used.

    I think when Careys (jerrys wife) ski was running around 82 mph jerry said he had around $16k in it. not postive though.

    also with the new ride plate mods coming out from speed freaks you may be able to hit 80 with less mods and less money.

    this is all assuming you go SC and not turbo. I would love to see a turbo rxp eat one of these new HSR thingys for dinner.
    I am not a guru of doos. I havebeen looking at them lately because I am looking at possibly buying the RXT-X. I was just making a point, and I used RXP Steve's setup posted on here on greenhulk and that was how he broke 80. I am not well eductated on what combinations that can be taken to achieve the same goals, so I completely believe everything you said about getting to 80. I also know that you can get an RXP alot cheaper than list, but for comparison, I posted list because we only have an MSRP est. at 25K for the Race. I kow that with all the buying and selling on here and ebay that you could get some go-fast aprts for alot less, but again, to stick with the brand new aspect, I went to 4tec with RXP Steves setup, and picekd the major points to his setup, brand new, because that is the comparison, brand new. Below is the post for 80+, but I read on another forum that 80+ was more like 85, with a 15F hull and a 155 pump.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrracing View Post
    the numbers i got from a HSR -Benelli official , at the boatshow in Paris / France

    this speed numbers are test results , not calculated #

    for me and other pilots, the HSR RA hull, is a exact copy of the Kawasaki 15F bottom hull, I ask the CEO of HSR, he said "no coment", I told him that I can tell from 100 m that the hull is a 15F, he said, "you have to start some where with a new boat"

    there is 100 % no SC or turbo on the HSRs all are NA

    naked 142 HP 56-57 mpH

    pro 172 HP 61-62 mpH

    prestige 278 HP 75 mpH

    race 343 HP 80+ mpH
    Personally, I have always liked taking the underdog and pushing it to teh winners circle.
    Last edited by dogger; 01-29-2008 at 12:47 AM.

  10. #60
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,334
    +1
    122
    ^ I hear ya

    I tend to agree with you about the underdog. Nothing I love more than spanking a higher priced ski touted as the fastest out, while using what appears to be an inferior equipment


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Am I the only one in world???
    By Jknauer00 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-07-2016, 07:16 PM
  2. I know I am not the only one with this problem
    By Tiny in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 09:19 AM
  3. Rxt Problem, Am I The Only One?
    By RXTMAN in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 02:56 AM
  4. Am I the only one?
    By porksword in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 08:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •