Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Code P0544

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    shoot ill get it out and check it ....melted screems lean thats not good ..did you find anything in the exhaust water system I>E> kinked hose cloged strainer ect???

nope shop said everything else looked fine.

That ski is completely stock, no strainer, no external intercooler.

Melted well this could occur if while flushing after a salt water rider and not turning the water on in time or reving the ski after a ride too long trying to get as most water out as possible. Other likely scenarios

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    that thing called life allways gets in the way of the fun i finally got out to pull out the sensor and it appears to be fine ..other than a little corrosion on the electrical connection it is a little black on 1 side ?? rich = cool...k is there a way to check this sensor w a ohm meter ????..going towards riva tomarrow anyone know about how much they cost to replace ???

sensor is about $56

These EGT/EGR sensor elements are simple devices. The resistance changes from high to low as the element is heated by exhaust. Follow the thin wire to the base of the big rubber hose that comes out of the expansion chamber. Take the element out with a 19mm wrench and put an ohm meter on the two contacts. There should be some resistance. Mine came out for a test because of a "P"-code. It tested at around 1900 ohms. Hold a lighter or a match at the tip of the sensor and observe the resistance decrease fairly smoothly and linearly as the elemet is exposed to heat. A few seconds of heating the element should give a decreasing trend towards 500 ohms or less. Don't over heat the element! Take the flame away and observe as it cools, resistnace should increase back to the orriginal value. Turns out mine, and I suspect many p5044 codes are just a result of poor contact between the plug and the sensor contacts. I cleaned a little corrosion and reinstalled the orriginal sensor without having to spend the $82 my local dealer wanted for a new one, which brings up a gripe:

It seems that Seadoo has tried to design a machine that annoyingly reminds you that it "needs to go to the dealer" for the simple things. I dislike that mentality. It is a pain for me to haul my boats and I dislike my local dealership. Thank you forum participants for the info you provide here to keep my visits to the local shop at a minimum!

+1
    Bruinsrme:

Same thing happened to me a few days ago.. What is the P/N for this sensor?

Hi there,

This is the first time I am on this site. I mess around with Mechanics a bit but certainly not a mechanic. I got a P0544 code on the GTX Seedoo I just put in the lake for the year. Reading the above threads it sounds like the Exhaust temp sensor may be the problem but as stupid as this sounds I don't understand where this is on the Seedoo. Its a 2008.

Any guidance would be great everyone. Thanks in advance.

Chris

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cdrichard View Post
    Hi there,

This is the first time I am on this site. I mess around with Mechanics a bit but certainly not a mechanic. I got a P0544 code on the GTX Seedoo I just put in the lake for the year. Reading the above threads it sounds like the Exhaust temp sensor may be the problem but as stupid as this sounds I don't understand where this is on the Seedoo. Its a 2008.

Any guidance would be great everyone. Thanks in advance.

Chris
    It is located on the outlet neck of the water box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information