Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    Would'nt a smaller ring take away more rpm's ?
    You are right, sorry, just noticed this and fixed that line and a few other minor things ...

+1
    Here's a question, sometimes I get a beep moving at high speed on the RXT, and the engine loses power briefly but does not quit. It flashes a code, it's pretty fast but I think it says PSI20 OIL, or something like that. After slowing down for a few seconds the ski seems normal afterward, it's intermittent and it's only happened a few times. Does that just mean the oil is low? The oil pressure warning indicator light does not come on.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Here's a question, sometimes I get a beep moving at high speed on the RXT, and the engine loses power briefly but does not quit. It flashes a code, it's pretty fast but I think it says PSI20 OIL, or something like that. After slowing down for a few seconds the ski seems normal afterward, it's intermittent and it's only happened a few times. Does that just mean the oil is low? The oil pressure warning indicator light does not come on.
    PS120 means you have a "Gator" in the grate or bit the end of the RXT. best way to solve the problem is to shoot the M...FU... out and you will see a new code in your RXT, saying Jammer 1 was here..............I got the alligator and I got soy sauce and beer over "IT" a little bit of garlic and beer. All Good.

+1
    LMAO!!!! Gator in the grate...
    Good news---I added a little oil, and problem solved! Thanks Jerry!

Sea Doo Young'n
    My blow off valve was shooting oil and water everywhere, so I checked it out and turns out the intercooler has a significant water leak and it was going into the engine and getting shout out into the breather hose right back into the intake. I dunno how the oil is getting there but figured with the extra pressure of the water it was getting mixed and recirculated making it worse and worse the more I rode. Light brown snot is everywhere now. Anybody have this happen to them? Should replacing the intercooler fix this problem? Sorry if I'm not to clear on my problem.
    Last edited by ChachoRXP; 03-09-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChachoRXP View Post
    My blow off valve was shooting oil and water everywhere, so I checked it out and turns out the intercooler has a significant water leak and it was going into the engine and getting shout out into the breather hose right back into the intake. I dunno how the oil is getting there but figured with the extra pressure of the water it was getting mixed and recirculated making it worse and worse the more I rode. Light brown snot is everywhere now. Anybody have this happen to them? Should replacing the intercooler fix this problem? Sorry if I'm not to clear on my problem.
    You mean....a Riva blow off valve?.. what kind of IC do you have.

Quote Originally Posted by ChachoRXP View Post
    My blow off valve was shooting oil and water everywhere, so I checked it out and turns out the intercooler has a significant water leak Should replacing the intercooler fix this problem? Sorry if I'm not to clear on my problem.
    after reading this .....I decided to go back to drinking...........................Jammie 1

Sea Doo Young'n
    Riva intercooler. The water was getting mixed in with oil in the engine and recirculating through my intake. When I would let off, it would be sprayed out throught the BOV.

Exhaust Overheat

I am having a wierd problem with my 2006 RXT. If I am doing donuts, figure 8's, 180's, 360's (well almost 360's) basically just screwing around riding hard my exhaust overheat warning comes up on the display and beeps really loud. I have found that if I just idle in a straight line for a 30 seconds or so all returns to normal. What makes this weird is it ONLY happens when I am riding. Example a buddy of mine that I think can ride the machine just as hard or harder in these types of manuvers CANNOT get it to throw the code at all, We have tried to get him to duplicate it but it just wont happen. Is it possible that my weight has something to do with it? Possibly the weight distrubution when I am riding doesnt allow the water intake for the exhaust to pull in water during these types of manuvers? I am 6'2 250, athletic build. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Matt...

Appreciate the Thread

Thanks for the Oil Level Tip. Was able to increase my RPMs from 7850 to 8100 by removing 8oz's of oil. Super excited it wasn't a slipping SC.

Regards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information