Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ki5pm View Post
    Try this. Remove the ribbon type cable from the circuit board connector. The MFD will still wake up once it detects RPM (yellow wire). The mode and set function will not work but it will display fuel and oil levels, RPM and speed. Usually if the ribbon cable looks burned it is caused by a shorted mode or set switch. If the mode switch is shorted the MFD will not wake up. That is why I suggest removing the cable from the circuit board connector. This removes the short that the circuit sees. Hope this helps.
    o.k, you'll have to overlook my ignorance since this is my first ski, the mfd only wakes up with the ski running? if that's the case, it might still work since i haven't got it started yet, thanks for the info!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    MFD will usually wake up when power is first applied or when any button is pressed.

And it will wake up when it senses the RPM signal from the engine on the Yellow wire.

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog1971 View Post
    o.k, you'll have to overlook my ignorance since this is my first ski, the mfd only wakes up with the ski running? if that's the case, it might still work since i haven't got it started yet, thanks for the info!!!
    The MFD wakes when it detects a signal on the Yellow wire (RPM). The engine does not have to be running. When you press the start switch and the engine starts to turn over that is enough signal to wake up the MFD. The MFD also wakes up when you press the mode key on the MFD. Have you already sealed the MFD?

Angry

Yep, I thought for sure this would fix it so I sealed it up already, live and learn!!

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog1971 View Post
    Yep, I thought for sure this would fix it so I sealed it up already, live and learn!!
    What was the reason originally for the repair? Was it dim digits or did the MFD not turn on?
    I forgot to ask that in my original post. If it didn't turn on, have you checked the 1/4A fuse in the electrical box above the battery? Don't give up on it yet. It can always be opened up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Does anyone know what the 2 adjustable potentiometers on the back of the MFD display circuit board do?? (Polaris SLTX1997)
    The two Potentiometers are used to calibrate the pressure transducer for the speedometer function.
    On the MFD's that I have repaired I have not found these adjustments to be out of calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by ki5pm View Post
    The two Potentiometers are used to calibrate the pressure transducer for the speedometer function.
    On the MFD's that I have repaired I have not found these adjustments to be out of calibration.

so both are for the pressure transducer did you finally get a chance to play with them? i may jack with them some more sometime this weekend

also i think we need to update this and cut the case further back to avoid cutting the button ribbons anyone agree?

i've also found that the standoffs for the screws can get deformed making the lcd still seem dim you can trim down the standoffs with a hobby knife slightly giving you a little more "squeze" on the connector going between the lcd and circuit board

Quote Originally Posted by nitrosportman View Post
    so both are for the pressure transducer did you finally get a chance to play with them? i may jack with them some more sometime this weekend
    Both pots are used to adjust the linearity of the pressure transducer. one for the lower end and the other for the upper end. Adjusting one affects the other. It's back and forth many, many times to adjust the linearity correctly. Also a very accurate pressure gage should be used. I use a mercury manometer calibrated in MM/hg. Then convert MM/hg to PSI.

Again, I suggest these pots NOT BE TOUCHED unless you know for sure that the problem is in the MFD and not elsewhere. K447's signature link has the info on the correct pressures for calibration purposes of the speedometer display.

also i think we need to update this and cut the case further back to avoid cutting the button ribbons anyone agree?
    K447's signature link also describes exactly where to make this cut. The cut must be made so that there is still surface area on the rear of the MFD to seal the unit after repairs are made.

i've also found that the standoffs for the screws can get deformed making the lcd still seem dim you can trim down the standoffs with a hobby knife slightly giving you a little more "squeeze" on the connector going between the lcd and circuit board
    Last edited by K447; 11-09-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Hey guys bought this 2000 SLH700 redid the motor hooked up the battery the MFD started flashing shows all displays the red light also flashes then it freezes on 01CR I have took a video of this to see if anyone could help. I have had the whole mfd apart and I cleaned it is there anything else I can try? What is the small fuse in the electrical box for? Seems to keep blowing thanks!!!

direct link please i can't find it

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information