Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Shuttlecraft, If you need another round MFD to play with,I think I bought about 3 off Lugs.(Can't remember how many)I could bring you one to the BUG.Also if you wanted a sending unit,you could have Randy or someone else send me one and I'll get it to you. The mfd would have to be played with.they were bad ones. Looking forward to meeting you at the Bayou.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ;586559
    Randy at Watcon.com sells the float for around $20 U.S. That's usually what the low fuel reading issue is.

To check it out, put an ohmeter on the pink wire and ground inside the elec. box. It should measure between 33 (full) and 240 ohms (low). If it reads low, and the fuel tank you know is full, then remove the sender from the tank.

Remove the nut from the bottom of the sending unit and remove the black end cap. Inside the tube will be a "foam like" float. Remove that and put it into a cup of gas. If it sinks, it's gas logged and needs replaced with the one Watcon sells..
    Thanks xlint89,
    I got the six screws out of the top of the fuel sender and tried to get it out but no room. Any links for that one??????
    I guess the whole tank has to be moved or something.
    I'm a bit hopeless at the searching side of things. The joys of dislexier I think. Or just plain stupid!
    I'll get a float off Randy in a week or so. It'd be just nice to have everything working on the poor old POC.
    Dean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    Shuttlecraft, If you need another round MFD to play with,I think I bought about 3 off Lugs.(Can't remember how many)I could bring you one to the BUG.Also if you wanted a sending unit,you could have Randy or someone else send me one and I'll get it to you. The mfd would have to be played with.they were bad ones. Looking forward to meeting you at the Bayou.
    Wow thanks Keddano, that would be great.
    Unfortunately mine is the elongated one not round. It's a 1997 SLTX.
    If your've got one of those kicking around let me know. If not I'll get one off Randy and have him send it over with a fuel sender float, or to you and we'll catchup at the BUG.
    Hope you take Aussie dollars or Kangaroo products in trade .
    Dean

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    You may need to remove the fuel tank mounting bolts and slide the tank forward to clearance the sender. I'm unfamiliar with your ski, but that's how it works on my 95 SL 750...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ;xlint89586804
    You may need to remove the fuel tank mounting bolts and slide the tank forward to clearance the sender. I'm unfamiliar with your ski, but that's how it works on my 95 SL 750...
    I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks xlint89.

Quote Originally Posted by sea~smith View Post
    I cut JUST BELOW the black plastic rim instead of between the black rim and the clear front.
    Hey Callan. I am a little confused on exactly where you cut open the MFD. See the attached pic, I put some arrows in there on a few places I thought you may have meant.

Thanks

Turk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mfd.jpg 
Views:	58878 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	65557  

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Good question,this will be helpful.

i had to take the filler neck out and loosen the tank to allow the room needed to remove my fuel sending unit on my slx780... and instead of riviting the neck back in i used stainless hardware for easier future removal. it is a tight squeez to get in out but can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by turk0004 View Post
    Hey Callan. I am a little confused on exactly where you cut open the MFD. See the attached pic, I put some arrows in there on a few places I thought you may have meant.

Thanks

Turk
    I think he means right behind the black rim(green arrow)

I fixed my MFD!

Thanks to this thread I took sea-smiths advice and cut BEHIND the black lip(green arrow). This is the way to do it. Cleaned the contact bar with a little alcohol and a small acid brush and PRESTO! Its magic! Works like new! After you cut it w/ dremel wheel it leaves a pretty good gap so I used some Permatex black adesive/sealant and C clamped it together. Probably the easiest fix I've done since I bought this ski!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information