Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    +1
    Bumping...

For the record, suctioned 4qts exactly using the steps outlined and put 4 back in... dead middle of the bends!
    Last edited by Caver Dave; 06-29-2017 at 08:11 AM.

I don't get it.

Did the procedure describe here and ended up having too much oil. Got 4 qts in and I'm way over the full line... any hints?

Btw removed more than 4.5qts almost 5...
    Last edited by espritv8; 05-26-2019 at 12:30 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by espritv8 View Post
    I don't get it.

Did the procedure describe here and ended up having too much oil. Got 4 qts in and I'm way over the full line... any hints?

Btw removed more than 4.5qts almost 5...
    Hey espritv8, did you start the machine on a hose for just a minute, shut it off and give a minute or two before checking the oil level?

reason I ask is my manual specifies you’ll get a false reading unless you do so ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Hey espritv8, did you start the machine on a hose for just a minute, shut it off and give a minute or two before checking the oil level?

reason I ask is my manual specifies you’ll get a false reading unless you do so ...
    Yep I did. I'm suspecting I've sucessfully removed all the oil from the engine, but that the new oil doesn't reach all the compartments... Is that possible? Only got 4quarts in!!

Also I did leave the suction tube in place when cranking the engine... read after that it was not a good idea. Did I mess up something there too?

+1
    Well, congratulations on getting as much as possible (always a moving target for me and a reason I tend to change my oil more frequently than some other owners do) and, it sounds like you got off easy as far as cranking any engine with a plastic straw inserted down into the oil dipstick tube (bet you won’t do it again and that is what matters <grin>)

if you ran the engine for 30 seconds to a minute then, I am confident oil went all the places it possibly could. I would make sure the engine is LEVEL, Run it again for a minute, check it again and, if it still reads above the “full” line I’d extract wee just enough to get the oil level between the “Low” and “Full” indicator marks. Again, that is with the engine level ...

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread Information