Angry Oil Leak in Ultra 250X

Aloha,

I have a brand new Ultra 250X with only 11 miles on it. Took it to the dealer for 10 hour service including oil change.
    Brought ski back home and noticed a little ponding of oil at bottom of bilge below oil dip stick. Took it back to the dealer and they reinstalled a new oil filter and said that the excess oil probably came from a little spillage when the oil filter is removed.

Took the ski out to ride again, flushed out inside the engine compartment and bilge area with clean fresh water. A day later noticed a little ponding again from apparently a slow leak somewhere below crank case. Oil filter does not appear to be leaking. Rubbed hand below the crank case and oil pan area and felt a layer of oil residue.
    Dealer will take a look at it again on Monday. They said it could be a defective gasket somewhere.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

GHashimoto

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Apparently there have been cases of tools and parts that have fell in the hull and punctured the pan. Use an inspection mirror to look around.

Im sure you mean 11 hours right?

Sorry I meant 11 hours. Typing too fast with finger/brain disconnect.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to tell the service tech to take a look at the oil pan area with a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by ghashimoto View Post
    Aloha,

I have a brand new Ultra 250X with only 11 miles on it. Took it to the dealer for 10 hour service including oil change.
    Brought ski back home and noticed a little ponding of oil at bottom of bilge below oil dip stick. Took it back to the dealer and they reinstalled a new oil filter and said that the excess oil probably came from a little spillage when the oil filter is removed.

Took the ski out to ride again, flushed out inside the engine compartment and bilge area with clean fresh water. A day later noticed a little ponding again from apparently a slow leak somewhere below crank case. Oil filter does not appear to be leaking. Rubbed hand below the crank case and oil pan area and felt a layer of oil residue.
    Dealer will take a look at it again on Monday. They said it could be a defective gasket somewhere.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

GHashimoto
    Dude I am experiencing the same $hit with my ski...although mine is a SD. never had a problem till the dealer replaced my SC washers.

oil leak

i have the same deal it has 12 hrs hasent had 10 hr sevice wes on trip for 4th trip when it happend i listed under known problems on forum earlier this week mine goes to shop tommorw

Quote Originally Posted by RustySeaRustyDoo View Post
    Dude I am experiencing the same $hit with my ski...although mine is a SD. never had a problem till the dealer replaced my SC washers.
    are you talking about having to add oil when we were riding the shoal in OC?

Hey did you guys end up figuring this out? I'm thinking it's the dip stick gastket?

Its been 12 years, I bet they have moved on

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by js440 View Post
    Its been 12 years, I bet they have moved on
    No , it's still at the Dealers with 3 tech's working on it at hourly rates lol

Thread Information