Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

+1

wakeboarding

I have a pole that mounts on the back of the ski for sale - it was designed for a Seadoo but it fits nicely on a GPR.

It looks like what you see on a ski boat - pole with 2 supporting braces.

the pole gets the rope out of the water which is a big advantage for either wakeboarding or tubing

dnwmt@cogeco.ca

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    I have a pole that mounts on the back of the ski for sale - it was designed for a Seadoo but it fits nicely on a GPR.

It looks like what you see on a ski boat - pole with 2 supporting braces.

the pole gets the rope out of the water which is a big advantage for either wakeboarding or tubing

dnwmt@cogeco.ca
    Do you have any pictures? Or a pic of one on a sea doo?

Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1

GPR Wakeboard / Ski Tower for towing

OK. So I'm bringing an old thread back from the dead.

I put a hook on my GPR in the same spot you put the seadoo hook. I did this before I really research tow hooks, but a SS carabiner fixes the fact that I used just as SS loop.

See photos below if you do not understand anything I'm saying.....

So I went out to enjoy a day with the family (I have no kids, but I have a ton of nieces and nephews). I hooked up the rope to the tube with a 60' tow rope. My BIN rode the tube first and had a blast. Then we put two small kids on the tube, and every time the tube would submarine. The tow rope was too low, and the kids did not weigh enough to put weight on the back of the tube.

So I pondered on what to do until my GTX motor is rebuilt and we are relying on the GPR for the family fun dayz at the beach.

This is what I came up with (see photos). I used 5/8" hardened steel rod for the frame. Two self locking hitch pins, and one 1/4 - 20 by 1 1/2 bolt with nut. I also used four 1/2" fender washers, and about 30 minutes on the welder.

I will give it a try hopefully on Sunday if I can make it too the beach.. It's going to be a busy weekend, so I'll try it nlt than next week I hope.

I'm going to start a new thread just in case this thread is lost forever.... Search GPR 1300 Wakeboard / Ski Tower

+1
    Nice job! Have you check on the CA state laws about whether you need mirrors on your ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Nice job! Have you check on the CA state laws about whether you need mirrors on your ski?
    Mirrors are not required in CA. But a spotter with a flag is. It is also required that the ski have 3 seats. One for the driver, one for the flagger, and one for the person being towed should they not continue to ride behind the ski.

On the last one, I know technically the gpr is only a 2 seater, nit put it next to most of the mid 90's to mid 2000's and it has just as much seat room. Not that I really want a 3rd person on the ski...

But I'm skating that one by putting a 3 person cappasity sticker on the back of the ski. Most people don't even say anything anyway...

Nothing like getting air, while sitting in a chair VonnerNIX's Avatar
    Very cool rig you built. I'm assuming that most of the force is still taken through the hook on the back of the ski, and the supports through the tow strap holes are just to keep the tow eye upright?

I'm curious to hear how this works. If it works well I might have to build something similar to use on my GP1200 (legality rules aside).

+1
    Yes, you are correct in your assumptions about the tower. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out tomarrow. I'll only have a tube with me, but I'm sure that the tower would be best suited for skiers and wakeboarders. A tube just goes out to the side when you turn sharp. And a wakeboarder or skier would have more control of where they go. It the tube comes too far around too fast, I'm sure the pulling force to the side could capsize the jetski. Some driving skills required. Testing will be the tell.

+1
    Tower works perfect! .... For kids. Put 2 adults on the tube, and the pull force on the tower brings the nose of the ski out of the water. Picture a stand up ski at full throttle, going nowhere. One adult if they are under 150 is ok. One adult who weighs 185 was the limit of the tower, and actually was better without the tower.

+1
    And it was a beautiful southern California day!

+1
    Dude thats cool! I still could never get up on a wakeboard behind my gpr. I would submarine evey time since the tail of the ski would pull down into the water. Looks like you spent some time on that rig and it payed off!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information