Thread: ebay stator

+1

ebay stator

My 2007 215 RXT is producing no voltage at the stator plug, so it needs a replacement. I see there are some relatively cheap options on ebay for stator regulator combo for around 80 bucks. Has anyone used this with success or not? Given how big of a job it is, I don't want to have to do this every season, but also my ski is kinda a crap box so not sure I want to spend OEM money on it either. Just looking for feedback on the cheaper option.

+1
    All I have to say on this subject is that NO OTHER voltage regulator EVER worked for me on our 2001 DI units than the OEM and believe me I tried several.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by racinfast002 View Post
    My 2007 215 RXT is producing no voltage at the stator plug, so it needs a replacement. I see there are some relatively cheap options on ebay for stator regulator combo for around 80 bucks. Has anyone used this with success or not? Given how big of a job it is, I don't want to have to do this every season, but also my ski is kinda a crap box so not sure I want to spend OEM money on it either. Just looking for feedback on the cheaper option.
    If you like working on your ski, then the chinese stators would be a good option for you.
    Me personally, would only go OEM. You may be able to find a good used OEM stator on ebay.
    The Greenhulk Store carries genuine Sea Doo parts for your ski which you will find on this page
    https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...eadoopwc&a=249

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If you like working on your ski, then the chinese stators would be a good option for you.
    Me personally, would only go OEM. You may be able to find a good used OEM stator on ebay.
    The Greenhulk Store carries genuine Sea Doo parts for your ski which you will find on this page
    https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...eadoopwc&a=249
    I don't mind working on the ski, in fact I bought it for 1500 bucks and spent a bunch of my time and a small amount of money getting it to a functional ski now. However, I was unaware at the first engine out service, that it had a bad stator, or it would have gotten replaced. I don't expect this stator to last 10 seasons like an OEM one, but if I could get a solid 3 out of it, I'd be happy.

+1
    Have you checked the stator connector, three yellow wires, at the rear of the intake manifold ? It's not uncommon for this to get hot and burn the wiring and pins.

If you do need a stator oem is the way to go a stator is not really a wear item it should last the life of the ski unless it gets overloaded or physically damaged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1951 (002).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	488744  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Have you checked the stator connector, three yellow wires, at the rear of the intake manifold ? It's not uncommon for this to get hot and burn the wiring and pins.

If you do need a stator oem is the way to go a stator is not really a wear item it should last the life of the ski unless it gets overloaded or physically damaged.
    Yes I check that connector to verify the output of the stator. All the wires look fine, but its not producing voltage.

+1
    Yes I check that connector to verify the output of the stator. All the wires look fine, but its not producing voltage.
    A low hour used OEM stator is the way to go.

+1
    I don't mind working on the ski, in fact I bought it for 1500 bucks and spent a bunch of my time and a small amount of money getting it to a functional ski now. However, I was unaware at the first engine out service, that it had a bad stator, or it would have gotten replaced. I don't expect this stator to last 10 seasons like an OEM one, but if I could get a solid 3 out of it, I'd be happy.
    I agree with Jerry.......use a NEW OEM stator. Do the job once and don't forget a new pto gasket.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1050

Thread Information