Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkCobra View Post
    … it could be something else?

I checked the fuses they looked good but I didn't pull the relays.
    Is there other things I can check?
    At some point it is just quicker and less hassle to have the candoopro key tool in hand. If it works and you can start your engine using the ‘second’ key, great.

If adding a known working remote to the balky PWC does not help then you must do further diagnostics.

Repeatedly pressing start button and getting cranks not much but some life then it dies. I put a tender on the new AGM battery.

Still no key fob working.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Repeatedly pressing start button and getting cranks not much but some life then it dies.

I put a tender on the new AGM battery.
    Crank at all means the ECU is allowing the engine to crank.

Having it crank and then fade away suggest an electrical problem. Perhaps corrosion somewhere in the electrical or a fuse block connection failing.

After it has faded during extended cranking, feel around the wiring and fuse block for warm spots. None of the wires or connectors should be warm and certainly not hot.

There is also a grounding point for the entire electrical system on the engine itself that needs to be 100% good.

Is there a way that I can test the relays in fuse box without taking them out? Also the keyfob is still not working. Would that suggest an area in the fuse box or wiring to start looking at?

Lake Lion
    +1
    Bring it by, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbutta View Post
    Bring it by, Mark.
    Thanks where about?

+1
    As a bit of reassurance, I also feel that the broken spark plug miss-hap is not related to the current no-start situation.

This current situation only make sense if BOTH the ski's security box is in a "confused" state AND the fob has died/broke. Have to say that would be a new one, so I'm on the fence on this.
    On the security box, yes, we have seen this behavior before, where the "Security" indicator indicates unlock, yet the ski won't start. The degree of "won't start" can vary, as some will crank and not fire, while others won't crank at all, and yes, some partially crank almost simulating a dead battery symptom. In all cases where the Security box state has become "confused", the fix has always been a full cycling of the fob lock/unlock. In this case, that seems impossible - at least not without investing time/money to troubleshoot.

I'd call the dealer, ask if they have means to "test" the suspect fob. I don't know what frequency these operate on, but someone in radio technology might have equipment that can at least "see" if it is generating a radio signal.
    The other route, as mentioned, take the suspect fob and try to bind it to the good ski.

That said, if the fob (transmitter) is not the issue, then perhaps the receiver (Security box) is. You would want to check all the power and ground pins.

The solenoid could be suspect in this, but the statistics of that being bad in a relatively new ski is very very rare.

You could pull the fuel rail supply hose and insert the outlet into a catch container. The blip the start button. If the fuel does not flow, this is another affirmation the Security box is "confused", locked, or has circuit issue.

If I think of anything else, I'll chime-in again.

8. +1 by:

Lake Lion
    +1
    Thanks where about?
    �� Butta Racing ��
    209 columbus Ave
    Roselle NJ 07203
    9am- whenever we're done with your ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbutta View Post
    �� Butta Racing ��
    209 columbus Ave
    Roselle NJ 07203
    9am- whenever we're done with your ski
    I've had all of my engine work done there. Very honest and fair on the prices. Definitely worth the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    As a bit of reassurance, I also feel that the broken spark plug miss-hap is not related to the current no-start situation.

This current situation only make sense if BOTH the ski's security box is in a "confused" state AND the fob has died/broke. Have to say that would be a new one, so I'm on the fence on this.
    On the security box, yes, we have seen this behavior before, where the "Security" indicator indicates unlock, yet the ski won't start. The degree of "won't start" can vary, as some will crank and not fire, while others won't crank at all, and yes, some partially crank almost simulating a dead battery symptom. In all cases where the Security box state has become "confused", the fix has always been a full cycling of the fob lock/unlock. In this case, that seems impossible - at least not without investing time/money to troubleshoot.

I'd call the dealer, ask if they have means to "test" the suspect fob. I don't know what frequency these operate on, but someone in radio technology might have equipment that can at least "see" if it is generating a radio signal.
    The other route, as mentioned, take the suspect fob and try to bind it to the good ski.

That said, if the fob (transmitter) is not the issue, then perhaps the receiver (Security box) is. You would want to check all the power and ground pins.

The solenoid could be suspect in this, but the statistics of that being bad in a relatively new ski is very very rare.

You could pull the fuel rail supply hose and insert the outlet into a catch container. The blip the start button. If the fuel does not flow, this is another affirmation the Security box is "confused", locked, or has circuit issue.

If I think of anything else, I'll chime-in again.
    Thanks for the reassurance and info. I've decided not to think about this till after Christmas..LOL. I may start with buying the candoo remote programmer and see if I can get the good fob to start the problem ski.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information