2022 GP180O SVHO Blow-off valve choice?

looking to add some mods on to my 2022 gp 180 soho I have a diva power filter in (intake) I was looking to add a blow off valve, should I go with riva or fizzle? thanks in advance!

2022 GP180O SVHO Blow-off valve choice?

looking to add some mods on to my 2022 gp 180 soho I have a riva power filter in (intake) I was looking to add a blow off valve, should I go with riva or fizzle? thanks in advance!

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome.

What kinds of riding do you do? Rough water at speed?

What other performances upgrades are you planning to add beyond the cold air intake?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPixonic View Post
    looking to add some mods on to my 2022 gp 180 soho I have a diva power filter in (intake) I was looking to add a blow off valve, should I go with riva or fizzle? thanks in advance!
    If you have an aftermarket air intake then go with this Fizzle TiAL

Fizzle Yamaha Blow Off Valve Hose With Tial 50mm BOV

FF-YM-IC-0033
    NOTE: Stock air box must be removed to install this part. Improve reliability and performance by replacing the soft and flimsy stock rubber intercooler hoses with the Fizzle heavy duty reinforced tubing kit for your Yamaha SHO/SVHO watercraft. Fits all supercharged Waverunners and jet boats 2008...
    $369.00
    Add To Cart

+1
    I have a tail 50. But I really want a Turbosmart Bigbubba. just to see if you can hear it outside the hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    I have a tail 50. But I really want a Turbosmart Bigbubba. just to see if you can hear it outside the hull.
    i am the complete opposite, has anyone rigged up a recirc valve that does not vent to atmosphere?

+1
    I personally have the Riva BOV (ordered here from Jerry for a better price!). I just bought all Riva at first wanting a setup that was all made to work together. Now I understand more and know the BOV really has nothing to do with the other components so no need to worry about that.

Additionally, I can also say the MacBoost air intake will give you a little more power over the Riva intake. I do run the Riva myself, as it came in my kit, and it mounts up high in the hull but I donít think that really matters with the waterproof air filters.

I have seen the MACSBOOST one in person. I really like the hose MAC uses better. I think the Riva one is fine but if I did it over I would buy the one from Mac.

For the fastest stage one plus setup running the MacBoost air filter, BOV, and Riva tune seems to work best. Obviously, you will want a new impeller (most likely 13/18 will be faster in the summer) and drill out the X-fitting and oil cooler Tee as well.

I ride with Mac a decent amount and this is basically his setup and it is fast! He has a few other tweaks from this setup but not too much different.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
    i am the complete opposite, has anyone rigged up a recirc valve that does not vent to atmosphere?
    I have tried a tial QR before it's quite for sure. If you connect a hose to the outlet & just run it somewhere in hull it's silent.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    I have tried a tial QR before it's quite for sure. If you connect a hose to the outlet & just run it somewhere in hull it's silent.
    perfect, i was going to run it to the riva cai and plumb it in where the pcv intake is on the riva hardpipe

+1
    Oh yea you won't hear it at all then. Just a QR bottom is all you need if you have a tial already. All swaps over easy.

Thread Information