2001 Xp 951 Carb Blowing fuse

Calling all techs, help, help help. Lol.

Do i just set it on fire or what??? I went out today, and she started running rough like on 1cylinder or something, headed back towards the beach and then she just died. No power at all. Got it home and found that the main fuse next to the starter solenoid and coils was Blown. Replace it, she blows. Replace again she blows. Disconnect plug to stator on front cover, fuse all good, blows the second i reconnect plug to stator. Sooooooooo, set her on fire right? Lol what ya thoughts?

So in follow up, found some time today thank god to pull off the magneto cover, found bits of debri inside cover, overall pretty clean, but checkout that chunk of metal pertruding the stator lol. Im hoping this is causing the electrical short.

Off to purchase new stator coil tomorrow. Will keeps yous posted incase some poor fella has similar issue down the track

Had trouble adding pics. But found metal shard inside stator coil.

Installed new stator, fuse is good, no short, 2 beeps, engine turns over etc. But, No spark now lol.

Solution, YES, Woohoo, She's running. So, for anyone who may come across this issue, The New stator i bought, is an aftermarket plug a play type, comes with pickup coil and plug etc, however, the pickup coil bracket is different than the OEM part and puts to much of a spacing between the pickup and the magneto, hence no spark when i first fitted it. My solution, I cut it off and solderd on the original pickup off the OEM Stator and Woohoo, shes a goer. Hope that helps

+1
    Thanks for updating with solution. Pretty sure it could help others in the future. Glad you got it figured out. RR

+1
    Crap like this is why I don't trust the aftermarket electrics as far as I can throw them.

7. +1 by:

Thread Information