Cloosed loop cooling on stage 4 RXP300

Building my stage 4 RXP300 and wonder if anyone still have the closed lopp cooling and no issues.
    We usually get around 53F water temp and like 78 air temp in the high summer where i live. So im thinking about going with the closed loop and Motul Mo-Cool and the 160F thermostat

Any thoughts?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by davvaer View Post
    Building my stage 4 RXP300 and wonder if anyone still have the closed lopp cooling and no issues.
    We usually get around 53F water temp and like 78 air temp in the high summer where i live. So im thinking about going with the closed loop and Motul Mo-Cool and the 160F thermostat

Any thoughts?
    I run my stage 4, spinning 9500 with closed loop. Did open loop b3fore too much hassle. With closed loop, I run a bottle of dei water water in reservoir tank and never over 190f with stock Stat. Water temp for me swing between mid 50s up to low 80s.

Thank u! Confirms my thoughts. I ordered the Worx 160F thermostat but then i will try the stock stat first. Im thinking of CNC a new stat house with screw on lid for easy change of of the stat in the future + it looks cool

+1

Any thoughts?
    At 53 degrees water temp I would not be running open loop. Try to understand that your motor was designed to operate at a certain temperature, you should always try to maintain those temps for optimal operation. If your mods create more than stock temps then take steps to get yourself back to stock temps but there is not advantage to running open loop in such cold waters, you'll set yourself up for a cold seizure if you cool the motor too quickly..... totally not worth it.

+1
    Thank u! Confirms my thoughts. I ordered the Worx 160F thermostat but then i will try the stock stat first. Im thinking of CNC a new stat house with screw on lid for easy change of of the stat in the future + it looks cool
    Or you can use a 160 on the factory close loop system.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4022.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	487931

Rotax Racing Sea Doo 50 Degree Thermostat For 4-Tec Engines

Complete replacement thermostat - waterpump housing for Sea Doo 4-Tec engines. This housing contains a lower temp thermostat which will allow approximately 160 degrees F engine operating temps in hot climates. PLEASE NOTE: This item ships from Europe. International shipping fees will be charged to...
    $375.89
    Add To Cart

Thread Information