+1

Mr1 crankshaft bearing codes.

I need to order new crank bearings but I am a little confused on which ones to get. My crank has all 2's on it but the block is stamped 7G011. I cant find anything that has a G as far as bearing size goes.

The MR1 crankshaft will have two sets of numbers stamped on it on the end. A five digit series and a four digit series. The five digit series are the numbers to use to calculate the main bearings and the four digit series are used to calculate the rod bearing size. On your actual rods stamped on the side where the bolt passes through on one side will also be a number. The numbers on the actual crankshaft are in a specific order. Each of those numbers is specific to a specific location on your main journals so you need to look at the service manual to figure out which number to use for the flywheel end and which numbers to use down the line. Simply subtract the number on the end of the crankshaft from the appropriate number on the correct rod and that gives you your color code answer. Same thing on the main bearings. Your case will likely have two different sets of numbers on it. The one you are referring to is not the correct one. Keep looking very very closely on both sides of the block. Eventually you should find a five digit series....OR If you see a single number printed somewhere one through five it is my understanding that in the event that they are all the same it is possible that the case is stamped with just a single number likely by itself. This should all be covered in the service manual though. Subtract that number from the five digit series number on the crankshaft and to come up with your main bearing sizes.

+1
    Only stamped number I could find was a #5 under the last #1. I looked at the upper and lower case and that is the only stampings on it.

Pictures? One other member has mentioned this before (SUV1200). Does your service manual say something about IF there is only one number stamped....then all bearings are that number? I believe this is what he encountered. His was also stamped with a "5" so he did his math with that number. Remember, you need to plastigauge this as well when you are done to somewhat verify that they are correct.

Thread Information