Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
    Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can tell you better but I remember back in the day, stainless steel rings worked better than the factory plastic. Less ability to give? Would that help or are the plastic wear rings pretty sturdy? I would definitely think if the stock wear ring is worn, a stainless would help too.
    I cannot stand the plastic wear rings. They wear every hour your ride your ski and performance tapers off as they wear. The stainless steel wear ring will last the life of your ski. Lots more info here http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274104

Just purchased mine. Replaced OEM ring w new when I changed to new impeller. Have zero time since impeller swap. Hoping to get out this weekend and test. I wasnít aware of the big SS VS plastic wear ring debate, but after reading a bit I would go with SS next time just to be done with it. My old impeller had seen better days, surprised it went 68 like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imp1.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	487871  

+1
    That's pretty horrible.

That’s what happens when ya buy an antique!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcefed1986 View Post
    Just purchased mine. Replaced OEM ring w new when I changed to new impeller. Have zero time since impeller swap. Hoping to get out this weekend and test. I wasn’t aware of the big SS VS plastic wear ring debate, but after reading a bit I would go with SS next time just to be done with it. My old impeller had seen better days, surprised it went 68 like that.
    Just out of curiosity, what did it run with a new impeller? That one is definitely beat up.

Mark

Haven’t run it since, hope to find out this weekend. Won’t have a good comparison since I changed so many things. Hoping for 70… we’ll see. Don’t see many factory 07 215 RXT’s doing much over 68 in 100* Weather at 1300ft… even with a healthy impeller. I guess it did have a 4” intake, but that’s it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcefed1986 View Post
    Haven’t run it since, hope to find out this weekend. Won’t have a good comparison since I changed so many things. Hoping for 70… we’ll see. Don’t see many factory 07 215 RXT’s doing much over 68 in 100* Weather at 1300ft… even with a healthy impeller. I guess it did have a 4” intake, but that’s it.
    What impeller did you go with? For better hole shot on that ski ditch the wedge, go with a 14/19 4 blade solas impeller and an 84mm venturi nozzle a lso get one of the Riva pump seals and a works intake grate. Thats about the best you're going to get without going with a bigger charger and intercooler along with adding compression.

Went with the 15/20 solas. Tops out at 7700 and 10psi w/ factory intercooler. 67.8 on the GPS. That’s with the 2* wedge. (200lb rider) It jumps out of the water now with no cavitation when seated… if I hang all my weight FWD, it plants and goes. Pretty happy with the Accel. Been waiting on the intercooler to arrive. See how much rpm I get back then and re-pitch if needed. Really wanted 70 out of it before the IC. Seems others have done it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I cannot stand the plastic wear rings. They wear every hour your ride your ski and performance tapers off as they wear. The stainless steel wear ring will last the life of your ski. Lots more info here http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274104

Yeah, I was just mentioning that to the OP... wasn't sure if he has upgraded yet. I myself use a SS ring. I wouldn't go back. I figure if I suck up a rock, my impellar is most likely screwed anyways so may as well go with the SS.

Mark

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
    Yeah, I was just mentioning that to the OP... wasn't sure if he has upgraded yet. I myself use a SS ring. I wouldn't go back. I figure if I suck up a rock, my impellar is most likely screwed anyways so may as well go with the SS.

Mark
    I guess the impeller is less expensive than a plastic wear ring?
    Your SS ring will also get destroyed and good luck replacing it/removing it, you'll need a new jet housing as well.
    Your impeller will wear out instead of the sacrificial wear ring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information