Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Vancouver b.c.
    Posts
    56

    Crank vent through valve cover

    Has anyone vented their crank case through the valve cover? Trying to eliminate the plastic cam gear cover and thrust washer, as I have seen them come off and get chewed up in the PTO.

  2. #2
    1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,629
    +1
    2,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycopaint View Post
    Has anyone vented their crank case through the valve cover? Trying to eliminate the plastic cam gear cover and thrust washer, as I have seen them come off and get chewed up in the PTO.
    Buy the latest plastic cam gear cover to replace the old style. The thrust washer now snaps in place and won't end up in the lower portion of the pto cover.......ask me how I know!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Vancouver b.c.
    Posts
    56
    I seen that on one of calas performance videos.

  4. #4
    1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,629
    +1
    2,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycopaint View Post
    I seen that on one of calas performance videos.

    LOL.....same here!

  5. #5
    John's truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    313
    +1
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Buy the latest plastic cam gear cover to replace the old style. The thrust washer now snaps in place and won't end up in the lower portion of the pto cover.......ask me how I know!
    I’ve been eyeballing that. Might have to pull the trigger if I ever send off the cam for a regrind

  6. #6
    1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,629
    +1
    2,830
    Quote Originally Posted by John's truck View Post
    I’ve been eyeballing that. Might have to pull the trigger if I ever send off the cam for a regrind

    Ill order a new style cam gear cover, pto gasket, & head gasket just to have those items on hand should I have the need.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bad Vent Valve Symptoms, Blow By Valve
    By tiderider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2021, 02:35 PM
  2. valve cover to valve cover plastic bolt size
    By imp0ster in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2015, 09:50 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-25-2014, 08:54 PM
  4. FS VENT Valve NEW!
    By BlackHawk in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 11:20 AM
  5. crank case vent fitting
    By halfassjack in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •