Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    You do know that your stock prop is more than likely made by Solas.
    Stock prop has 4 blades. Put the stock next to Solas no comparison. Hub & blade design are different. I even have the Solas 4 blade too! I bet JP Racing has his Solas props pitched for his custom tune package.

+1
    So ... I bought the stage 2 kit from Riva for my 2022 GTX Limited 300 that had the SCOM prior. I put on the catch can, power filter, took off the SCOM and flashed the ECU to stage 2 ... held off on the Solas 13/18 impeller. Got a consistent 8200 rpm with 77/78 mph ... nice improvement .... air temp about 85 degrees F. Prior it was maxed at 8,000 rpm 70-74 mph depending on current. Following week weather cooled to about 65 F ... consistently hit 8300 rpm ... 78 -82 mph dependent on going up or down river.

So far I'm elated with enhanced performance. Love hearing the supercharger breath, love the extra 8 or so mph and ... I "think" its a little more responsive.

A very trusted friend warned me about vibrations with the Solas 13/18. Anyone else have issues ... ???

By and large, I'm committed and I will install and hopefully run it before it gets too cold. Almost can't wait.

BUT . . . I am concerned about words from troyheb ... "You do know that your stock prop is more than likely made by Solas." What kind of BS is this ? Conjecture ?? Who knows. If you know something ... say so.

Keep it REAL as possible.

+1
    You people are funny. Ever get a OEM replacement prop. Did it have a "made in Taiwan" sticker on it?
    Give you 3 guesses were Solas props are made. Just saying.

+1
    Oh. And I have a dollar that says Solas makes Yamaha OEM props too.

+1
    Heck the '21 RXP polished impeller looks like a Solas It wouldn't surprise me if Solas is the OEM supplier for BRP.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DHK View Post
    So ... I bought the stage 2 kit from Riva for my 2022 GTX Limited 300 that had the SCOM prior. I put on the catch can, power filter, took off the SCOM and flashed the ECU to stage 2 ... held off on the Solas 13/18 impeller. Got a consistent 8200 rpm with 77/78 mph ... nice improvement .... air temp about 85 degrees F. Prior it was maxed at 8,000 rpm 70-74 mph depending on current. Following week weather cooled to about 65 F ... consistently hit 8300 rpm ... 78 -82 mph dependent on going up or down river.

So far I'm elated with enhanced performance. Love hearing the supercharger breath, love the extra 8 or so mph and ... I "think" its a little more responsive.

A very trusted friend warned me about vibrations with the Solas 13/18. Anyone else have issues ... ???

By and large, I'm committed and I will install and hopefully run it before it gets too cold. Almost can't wait.

BUT . . . I am concerned about words from troyheb ... "You do know that your stock prop is more than likely made by Solas." What kind of BS is this ? Conjecture ?? Who knows. If you know something ... say so.

Keep it REAL as possible.

First post and you are saying I post BS. You may want to go get yourself checked out.
    Now thats keeping it real.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DHK View Post
    None at all except almost chopping a finger off installing it! My fault

+1
    The solas 13/18 makes minimal difference over the stock. No reason to waste money on it. As MANY people have said go get a custom prop. Either new custom pitched solas or send the stock out to be pitched. Just putting a stock 13/18 you will regret spending the money.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane777 View Post
    The solas 13/18 makes minimal difference over the stock. No reason to waste money on it. As MANY people have said go get a custom prop. Either new custom pitched solas or send the stock out to be pitched. Just putting a stock 13/18 you will regret spending the money.
    If you think 1.5 mph is minimal, then ok. I think MOST people would like to get that with just a prop change. I spent the money 2 times and would do it again.

+1
    What most people dont understand is hulls, pumps and props, no 2 are the same. You could buy 2 identical skis. Mod them the same and they will not run the same mph. Swap the pumps between the 2 skis and get a different result. What prop works for me in my ski may give bad results for you in your ski. I don't get the constant dogging of a prop. Especially when most people have no hands on experience with said prop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information