Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

2021 gp cavitation

So, Ive resealed my transom, which surprisingly wasnt too bad. I have a stock riva gen 2 ride plate, and gen 2 intake grate. I know Yamaha is notorious for cavitation on hole shots, but Im looking to get some gains to minimize what I have for cavitation now. Id like to try a lucky 13 cone, but I have a 2 pump wedge currently (which I love for the improved ride in chop). I see aqua sport made a 3 pump cone, but it seems to be for 2014+ sho, not svho would this fit a 21 svho, or should I try to make a lucky 13 fit? Or any other ideas to help would be well received! Thx

+1
    Resealing the transom plate and running the Gen2 grate should have cleared up 80% of the cavitation. Adding the Lucky 13 adjustable cone will clear up the rest of it.

Running a 3 degree wedge will cause a bounce.

my fx 2021 is cavitating like hell on hole shot, got the riva intake grate and resealled the transom plate. stage 1 plus setup. should i change the transom plate to deans team or GP 21 Plate ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    my fx 2021 is cavitating like hell on hole shot, got the riva intake grate and resealled the transom plate. stage 1 plus setup. should i change the transom plate to deans team or GP 21 Plate ?
    Yes, going with Dean's 160mm modified FX transom plate will help with your cavitation issue. You will find it here in the GreenHulk Store http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=5410

I assume you have a Solas impeller? I have 2017 FX SVHO and resealed transom plate, new 160mm transom plate, seal kit for intake grate and solas impeller. I eliminated 90% of cavitation still there on full start-off. Soooooo highly unlikely you will ever completely eliminate it without a two stage impeller.

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund View Post
    So, Ive resealed my transom, which surprisingly wasnt too bad. I have a stock riva gen 2 ride plate, and gen 2 intake grate. I know Yamaha is notorious for cavitation on hole shots, but Im looking to get some gains to minimize what I have for cavitation now. Id like to try a lucky 13 cone, but I have a 2 pump wedge currently (which I love for the improved ride in chop). I see aqua sport made a 3 pump cone, but it seems to be for 2014+ sho, not svho would this fit a 21 svho, or should I try to make a lucky 13 fit? Or any other ideas to help would be well received! Thx
    I dont think the wedge is helping you in the chop nor the cavitation problem, have you tried without the wedge?

Quote Originally Posted by HardRider View Post
    I assume you have a Solas impeller? I have 2017 FX SVHO and resealed transom plate, new 160mm transom plate, seal kit for intake grate and solas impeller. I eliminated 90% of cavitation still there on full start-off. Soooooo highly unlikely you will ever completely eliminate it without a two stage impeller.

Well Impeller is an solas 13/18 doesnt Matter in Stage 1 Plus Stage 2 oder Stage 3

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chris1200 View Post
    I don’t think the wedge is helping you in the chop nor the cavitation problem, have you tried without the wedge?
    the wedge wasn’t for the cavitation, it was for my bounce. Once I was in 75-80mph area it would bounce like crazy, especially when full fuel. That’s mostly gone with the wedge now, why I liked it. The cavitation was the next issue on my list of handling problems I am trying to fix. Overall I’m pretty happy with the ski, just trying to tweak it better.

I called a guy I believe at Dean Team in FLA. He didn't sugar coat it. Go with dual prop, not feasible without a tune but if running a tune that is your solution. All the suggestion that "will help" with cavitation means it will not eliminate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund View Post
    the wedge wasnt for the cavitation, it was for my bounce. Once I was in 75-80mph area it would bounce like crazy, especially when full fuel. Thats mostly gone with the wedge now, why I liked it. The cavitation was the next issue on my list of handling problems I am trying to fix. Overall Im pretty happy with the ski, just trying to tweak it better.
    Interesting I did not expect that! So the original nozzle is 5 degrees plus 2 degrees from the wedge7 degrees is more stable in the chop and how much faster? ( I assume is faster with more lift) which ride plate? Who makes those 2 degrees wedge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information