Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2014 FX SVHO Overheating after 10 minutes

I have a 2014 FX SVHO and it's been riding great up until last weekend. Now the overheating warning light comes on and starts beeping after it runs for 10 minutes. What are some possible causes and things I could do to possibly solve this issue?

Also, I saw on greenhulk they sell a water filter\strainer kit that helps protect the intercooler from sand and debris. I run my ski on a lake that does have some shallow spots and lots of lily pads. The Fizzle supersized part # is FF-UV-WS-0023-YAM and the Universal part # is RY1013-SDF-UK-YAM. What is everyone's take on these? Are they a must have? How are they installed?

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by K447; 08-21-2022 at 08:33 AM.

+1
    To help there’s more info needed. On your ski, there’s a “pisser” on both sides, left one is oil cooler and right one is from intercooler. How is the water stream on the left side? Have you gotten any weeds clogging the intake grate? It’s possible to get weeds or debris in the jet pump area which can cover or clog the water supply spot, or go into the hose.

The streams on both sides and in the back are all strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund View Post
    To help there’s more info needed. On your ski, there’s a “pisser” on both sides, left one is oil cooler and right one is from intercooler. How is the water stream on the left side? Have you gotten any weeds clogging the intake grate? It’s possible to get weeds or debris in the jet pump area which can cover or clog the water supply spot, or go into the hose.

I didn't feel or see anything up in the intake.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam101814 View Post
    The streams on both sides and in the back are all strong.

Buy a laser thermometer and start taking temp readings all over the engine and exhaust anything over 180 is getting pretty hot and depending on where its getting hot will will dictate what to check next.

Quote Originally Posted by pwcnerd View Post
    Buy a laser thermometer and start taking temp readings all over the engine and exhaust anything over 180 is getting pretty hot and depending on where its getting hot will will dictate what to check next.
    Thanks for the advice...I'll pick one up today.

Does anyone have a link to a good video of how to remove the inter cooler on my 2014? I see a lot of other posts on here saying to backflush it.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sam101814 View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a good video of how to remove the inter cooler on my 2014?

I see a lot of other posts on here saying to backflush it.
    Your intercooler may need backflushing (perhaps) but even if very clogged in the water flow it would not affect engine cooling.

From this thread, where removing the upper intercooler bracket was part of the process.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2888496

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Remove both curved hoses.

Tip: Take photos and make notes of what came from where, and what order the parts were removed. Note how far the rubber hoses were onto the fittings, and how the hose clamps were oriented.

This is the first metal part to be removed. It holds the intercooler to the engine, but this bracket is in the way for access to the supercharger bolts.

Use an open ended wrench where clearances are tight. There is just enough room to get the bolt loose and wiggle the bracket away from the engine.

Remove two bolts to the intercooler, two bolts to the engine.

14mm bolt heads.
    I used 14mm socket and 6Ē extension with long handled ratchet wrench to break them free, then a shorter handled ratchet to wind the sideways facing bolts out.
    For the two forward facing bolts I use a box end 14mm wrench to crack them free, wind them most of the way out using ratchet type box end stubby wrench.
    Then use an open ended 14mm wrench for the last few turns as a box end wrench would become trapped by the supercharger housing.
    Donít drop any bolts or washers

my 2015 fzs had the same problem after changing tstat and checking everything else out i had the motor pulled and it was full of sand. all pissers worked fine and al temp switches were good also my annode was good. my guess is ur is full of sand too. also i was a fanatic about flushing my ski

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Your intercooler may need backflushing (perhaps) but even if very clogged in the water flow it would not affect engine cooling.

From this thread, where removing the upper intercooler bracket was part of the process.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2888496
    would your intercooler pisser still flow good if the intercooler was clogged?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information