Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    I ordered 2022 fx 54 weeks ago. It shipped yesterday. Might get it this week or next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf714 View Post
    Itís amazing how little interest there has been on this forum for next yearís WaveRunners. Normally, there are five pages of predictions, wishes and hopes a week or two before the release. This year, nothing.

My 2022 FX SVHO order was deferred to a 2023 since Yamaha cut production on PWCs, so Iím eagerly awaiting the news.

I donít expect any updates since it was revised for 2022 but hope the colors will suit the climate where I live. A black WaveRunner and Las Vegas sun and heat are not compatible.
    I really think Yamaha has a small black eye right now. 13 years of clutch failures, addressed but not fixed. Cracked heads all over the place, addressed but unsure if its fixed yet, and in my opinion a really ugly set of boats right now with even more horrible color schemes. And last but not least very limited production and these ugly mugs are too hard to find and they get more expensive every year....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    I really think Yamaha has a small black eye right now. 13 years of clutch failures, addressed but not fixed. Cracked heads all over the place, addressed but unsure if its fixed yet, and in my opinion a really ugly set of boats right now with even more horrible color schemes. And last but not least very limited production and these ugly mugs are too hard to find and they get more expensive every year....
    It only took them 17 years to re-design the jet pump cleanout plugs that kept blowing out on their boats.

+1
    Now that we're slamming Yamaha's undeserved reputation for "good quality" (whatever that is), don't forget the horribly fragile NanoXcel hull material. It took my purchase of two brand new units (an '09 FZS and '12 FZR) to realize how weak this material is.

Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    Now that we're slamming Yamaha's undeserved reputation for "good quality" (whatever that is), don't forget the horribly fragile NanoXcel hull material. It took my purchase of two brand new units (an '09 FZS and '12 FZR) to realize how weak this material is.
    You can really tell how weak it is when you board it from the rear. The boarding step gives and feels like a piece of cardboard.

+1
    Wow! Didn’t expect that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    Cracked heads all over the place? Not sure about that one. To each their own. Sounds like a purple jet ski is more your style....

Well there is nothing about excitment, no new engine no turbo no new skies just colors and maybe a better display here and there wow !

They need to make an 400HP Turbo Engine with 2.0 Litre that would be good

The Manufactors are to conservative across the board. why never came an Seadoo Spark turbo an Waveblaster 1200 would be easy for them to build why never came an Kawasaki SXR 1100 why the dont make an "new WaveBlaster" with an SVHO Engine in it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoo08 View Post
    Cracked heads all over the place? Not sure about that one. To each their own. Sounds like a purple jet ski is more your style....
    You may not get around much if you havent heard of cracked heads or seen one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoo08 View Post
    Cracked heads all over the place? Not sure about that one.
    Just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. When it comes to a fundamental component of an engine like a cylinder head, there should not be ANY failure of this type. To me it indicates a lack of thorough testing and marginal engineering. This surprises me because Yamaha has been making marine engines for decades.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information