Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Riva Fuel Rail - Remove Gauge as Instructed

Just passing along. Was riding with a buddy recently, he has the Riva fuel rail and had left the gauge on the rail as it's much easier to see than the one on the regulator above the fuel tank. Guess Riva tells you to remove it after testing for good reason. The rubber plug in the gauge shot out and was lost in his hull while riding. Dumping fuel and had to be towed back. Take that gauge off the rail if you guys haven't already. Sometimes it pays to RTFM! More importantly, also follow their instructions in said manual

Looks to be the same gauge on the fuel pressure regulator, not sure why that one doesn't need to be removed. Maybe someone has some insight here on that topic?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220810-061925_Drive.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	486888

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnInFL View Post

Looks to be the same gauge on the fuel pressure regulator, not sure why that one doesn't need to be removed. ..

Engine vibration can fatigue materials, things (such as a dial gauge) that are not rated for vibration can/will fail.

+1
    not sure why that one doesn't need to be removed. Maybe someone has some insight here on that topic?

Because the engine vibrations will kill the analog gauge.

+1
    On the regulator gauge, Riva even tells you to poke a hole in it if your want it to read accurately at your elevation. The plug seals the atmosphere out, fluid inside. Tiny hole allows it to measure pressure difference from your altitude. That being said it should not leak fuel... sounds like the gauge strait up failed from vibration, then fuel pressure pushed plug out.

+1
    Thanks guys, all makes sense and I'll pass it along.

+1
    Thanks guys, all makes sense and I'll pass it along.
    but I too wanted the rail for 1/2 looks & 1/2 a easier to read gauge haha Now I guess I won't be worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    but I too wanted the rail for 1/2 looks & 1/2 a easier to read gauge haha Now I guess I won't be worried about it.
    I installed an AEM digital where the gauge goes(sending unit) and mounted the gauge up near the dash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D33BAEAC-B0C3-4A14-8F57-6ED95ECA2B39.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	486967  

+1
    Was looking at the AEM myself. Any concerns about water intrusion? Would you say you're happy with the results? Which gauge did you end up going with?

Some kind of up/down motor on the fpr would be slick. For me, getting my arm under the hull, avoiding the IC pipe and actually seeing the gauge is not exactly fun. I literally ride with a handheld magnifying glass with lights on it since I don't ride with my glasses lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220816-064421_Photos.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	486968

9. +1 by:

[QUOTE=ShawnInFL;3174396]Was looking at the AEM myself. Any concerns about water intrusion? Would you say you're happy with the results? Which gauge did you end up going with?

Some kind of up/down motor on the fpr would be slick. For me, getting my arm under the hull, avoiding the IC pipe and actually seeing the gauge is not exactly fun. I literally ride with a handheld magnifying glass with lights on it since I don't ride with my glasses lol

I sealed mine with an acrylic disk and sealed the bottom and then used a generic mount to slide it in and mounted it tomthe dash. Its just the standard fuel oil pressure gauge from AEM. I never did like the riva mount especially on an FZ its a PIA so I made my own mount and mounted it as shown in the pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A885E082-575B-452E-8877-AE507297867D.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	486971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	486972   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	25 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	486973   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	28 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	486974  

+1
    Hydrostream on here had an electronic fuel pressure regulator. Had a toggle switch to adjust it up & down. It was on a FZS, he has a build thread.

digital would be nice too. As looking into of fuel tank, while
    holding ski & reading a small gauge is a pain to get super accurate. I am always in 49-54 psi..

while nice, & a lot easier to adjust. I don't find my self adjusting fuel that often? Just when weather changes I have like 3 settings that gets me from 60 degree to 95 degree & that's it. So 1-2 adjustments as season warms up, & back down. So dealing under the hood seems easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information