+1

Customer's Ebay $100 Caltric brand, full set seadoo valves, keepers, springs, gasket

Customer asked us to install an inexpensive, full seadoo 4 stroke valves, keepers, springs and gasket with an ebay, Caltric brand set worth about $100..
    We installed a supplied 137 + 4mm supercharger and titanium retainers from active jet sport, with tune for 9200 max, but limited to 8750 with a 15/20 impeller.

80 hours in to the Frankenstein installation and no issues.
    Compression is still spot on and it hasn't dropped a valve yet..

I don't know what to say.. Lucky??

+1
    That's just it,.....the ones that don't care and throw cheapo parts at it, and don't maintain anything......are the ones who won't have an issue. Then the other guy that spent thousands and only bought name brand stuff only gets 5 hours into it and a keeper breaks and drops a valve and destroys an engine........go figure!

+1
    I wouldn't exactly say cheapo parts.. Everything was within spec. just at a fraction $$ of the brand names.. I really had no confidence that the valves, springs, keepers would last the first heating cycle. It may have been a hit or miss with the valves but they did look pretty good.

Makes a person curious maybe all the parts are from the same manufacturer just rebranded by different US companies it Happens in alot of other industries why not watercraft to?

I have a number of rental 155’s in my fleet. I bought the eBay ones and installed a set to replace the factory ones. Since then they have about 60-80 hours without a problem. They look like the WSM ones and wouldn’t be surprised if they’re the same. But for peace of mind I think it’s still worth buying new oem or supertech depending on your purpose.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
    I have a number of rental 155’s in my fleet. I bought the eBay ones and installed a set to replace the factory ones. Since then they have about 60-80 hours without a problem. They look like the WSM ones and wouldn’t be surprised if they’re the same. But for peace of mind I think it’s still worth buying new oem or supertech depending on your purpose.
    I just had a look at them on Ebay. They have a general picture of the kit but are listed for use on all models including the 300 which is 14 Psi of boost. I think these valves would hold up to 17 psi or so..

Thread Information