Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

Gp1300 oil pump stuck at full

I noticed it was smoking a lot at idle so I pulled the exhaust off to look at the oil pump and the cable is connected to the pump but it feels like somthing on the cam is missing. The cable is completely slack and I canít find where itís sopose to go around to be able to turn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8D9E36A6-8E8F-48DE-B1C6-1FF50D457BAA.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	486830  

+1
    Looks like you need to loosen the screw that holds the cable on and re-route the cable to ride on the outside of the 'pulley'. You can turn the pulley CCW by hand to get slack in the cable to do this.

+1
    Do you mean put the cable on the back side of the cam? I can’t feel anything on the outside of the cam that would allow the the cable to sit in. It almost feels like somthing broke off it.

+1
    Yes, the pulley should have a shallow groove in it.

I didn't say it was a good design, but the cable should have tension on it at all times which keeps the cable from falling off.

Check that your cable moves freely.

+1
    I can feel somthing that feels like a grove on the back side of the pulley that faces the engine but nothing on the outside like it is on my Seadoo. Sorry just hard to get a good idea of what I’m looking at or doing when I can only see it with a mirror lol.

I’ve looked in the Manuel and that still didn’t help me figure out how exactly this is sopose to be.
    Last edited by Daddyloafin; 08-11-2022 at 09:00 AM.

+1
    So after looking at better pictures of new oil pumps it appears part of the pulley broke off where the cable rides in. Looks like I’m gonna go pre mix.

Edit: The more pictures I look at the more I don’t know if somthing broke off or not. I’m going to keep messing with it once I get home but I did order a block of kit. Hopfully I remember how to put this thing back togesther lol.
    Last edited by Daddyloafin; 08-11-2022 at 11:42 AM.

+1
    Confirmed that part of the cam/pulley broke so now there’s nowhere for the cable to ride in… I only have one idea of how to do a diy fix for this and it’s probably not a very good idea. Gonna try to drill a hole in the cam/pulley and put a bolt in it for the cable to ride against. If that doesn’t work I’m just gonna go premix which I’m sure I’ll have some questions about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7D7FF5D7-8981-4F38-93D6-C8B19FFB380A.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	486846  

+1
    I'll make you a deal on a broken pump. I was troubleshooting the oil system on one of my boats last weekend and discovered that a previous 'mechanic' apparently tried to tighten the pump bolts without having it aligned and broke the casting. He also left out the pop-off valves in the oil lines, which leaked into the cylinders and hydrolocked the engine, breaking the starter clutch.

I HATE MECHANICS!

Send me a PM

+1
    Try to send me a PM, but your post count may not be high enough to be allowed to do that. If not, post here and I'll get in touch with you.

+1
    Sorry, it was a very busy weekend. I ended up just converting it to pre mix. It’s generally siting on a lift and I fill it with 5 gallon jugs anyways so it’s not a big deal for me. I do appreciate the offer tho.
    Now I’m just waiting on this exhaust gasket to come in so I can finish putting it back together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information