04 gtx can't keep 30 Amp fuse.

Well my 04 was giving me the oil warning light last season intermittently. Last ride out I knew battery was low and just wanted to do a few test hits on it, battery died after starting and shut ski off after OIL warning came on and was to low to restart the ski. Brought it back changed both oil pressure sensors on it while the battery set on the tender jr for a few weeks as work just got in the way of doing anything.

Tender showed battery charged and was physced to take the ski out. I pull the 30 amps when putting batteries in. When to put 30 Amp fuses in. One will stay but the other instantly blows, went through like 5 fuses but they just pop instantly
    The 3 yellow wires are burnt but they were way before. I was going to cut and bypass that connector to alleviate that plug

Never has the fuse issue till the battery was low and after charging . Would hate to throw a new batt at it and not solve the issue any help would be greatly appreciated

You need to look at the wiring diagram, if you don't have a copy I attached one. I assume the 30 amp fuse that keeps blowing is the one for the rectifier. That would make sense that your ski wouldn't run after it started indicating that your charging system wasn't working.

Maybe you have a bad rectifier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2004 SeaDoo GTI, GTI LE, GTI RFI, GTI LE RFI, XP DI, GTX 4-TEC, RXP 4-TEC (6113_.pdf  

Well bypassed the connector, put fuse in and popped again. Went to put regulator in and found it had been replaced previously and the one I ordered they shipped to the wrong address, going to see if I can find one locally tomorrow and hopefully solve the issue

Quote Originally Posted by J.Harris View Post
    You need to look at the wiring diagram, if you don't have a copy I attached one. I assume the 30 amp fuse that keeps blowing is the one for the rectifier. That would make sense that your ski wouldn't run after it started indicating that your charging system wasn't working.

Maybe you have a bad rectifier.

I'll pass this to my friend for his new GTX project. It is also blowing a fuse as well. We'll just install the suspension from 4Wheelonline onto the truck before we can fetch it tomorrow and take a closer look.

Well have a good used oem rectifier on the way. And I'll update when installed if it fixes the issue.

Rectifier was the issue and solved another issue.

Thread Information